• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok - i'll let you off the hook. I actually like black shoes - but I'll admit they don't photograph all that well most of the time.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly. They came in looking dry too. Belgraves look amazing with a mirror polish so that's what I attempted to do at 10:30pm. After the second application of shoe cream, I gave up. I'll post a fit pic next week

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

Exactly. They came in looking dry too. Belgraves look amazing with a mirror polish so that's what I attempted to do at 10:30pm. After the second application of shoe cream, I gave up. I'll post a fit pic next week

Cream?...you need Wax bro.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cream?...you need Wax bro.

you sir, are correct. However the shoes were especially dry so I applied two layers of cream instead of one. I already had the saphir wax out but after the second application of cream, i abandoned the mirror polish. Had to settle for a pedestrian shine

ambivalence

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to size for the C&J Lowndes if i wear the alden trubalance,van and barrie last in us 7.5.. should i get Uk7?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can be a tricky thing but that's my understanding - US7.5 on the Barrie is the same as a UK7. I hope that some who has experience in both makes will chime in.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know how to size for the C&J Lowndes if i wear the alden trubalance,van and barrie last in us 7.5.. should i get Uk7?

In my experience the 348 last runs pretty roomy. I would recommend you size down to a 6.5. I presume you would consider your foot to be a normal width?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say for sure. I think in the 348 you could definitely do a UK7 and probably do a UK6.5.

I am a US 8, I take a UK7 in G&G, Carmina, AS etc. etc. But sized down to a UK6.5 in the 348 as it is a long and roomy last. I believe my experience in this regard is not unique. Many seem to find that C&J runs about 1/2 size larger than most UK made shoes.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of US 8D AE Fifth Ave. (5 last) which fits a bit big and I have these in UK 7 which is a tad tighter than I would like. The 337 last in UK7 fits me better.

ambivalence

Reaction score
well i think better to be safe than sorry.. think i will probably get the uk7..
anyway does the lowndes looks good in casual outfits like chinos and denim?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they don't look good, they look awesome.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i think better to be safe than sorry.. think i will probably get the uk7..
anyway does the lowndes looks good in casual outfits like chinos and denim?

caveat emptor- wrong sizing cuts both ways. Gdot is right IMO- the 348 is the roomiest of generally roomy C&J lasts. I bought a boot unseen in the 348 in my reg size. It was like a clown shoe and I had to flip.
Pity, as it's a decent last.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads