• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn the Harlech is a beautiful boot. I wish I could get it on a danite sole to be semi justified in the purchase with my Lindricks. The alternative is the BB boot but I really want a brown cap toe. I know 341 is longer than 325 but is it significant when they're side by side?

djbanor

Reaction score
Damn the Harlech is a beautiful boot. I wish I could get it on a danite sole to be semi justified in the purchase with my Lindricks. The alternative is the BB boot but I really want a brown cap toe. I know 341 is longer than 325 but is it significant when they're side by side?
Significant enough that one can tell on the first look. 325 is slightly bulky in comparison. Definitely wider and more voluminous. For a less formal boot I would probably go with the 325.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_2380.jpg

Landau

Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me your experience with the C&J Coniston in Scotch Tan. Im considering getting a pair due to the great exchange rate, but am not sure it will go with my wardrobe (jeans, chinos and the occasional trouser).

Thanks!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me your experience with the C&J Coniston in Scotch Tan. Im considering getting a pair due to the great exchange rate, but am not sure it will go with my wardrobe (jeans, chinos and the occasional trouser).

Thanks!
Also looking to get a pair. Sounds like it should be fine with your wardrobe.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks!

To echo Churchill W above, I think they'd go perfectly. I don't think I've come across a picture of Conistons and thought "you know what, they don't look right" but I'm not overly critical. The tan color is also extremely versatile so all in all, i think you'd be making a great choice!

Also looking to get a pair. Sounds like it should be fine with your wardrobe.
Do it!
Just ordered a pair of Harvard loafers in chestnut :inlove:

Chestnut is by far my favorite calf color from CJ. Great choice. PicturesPicturesPictures!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BackInTheJox

They look great, mind if i ask what your shoe care routine is? You are clearly doing something right

Thank you, although I'm almost embarrassed to admit my routine is very minimal. A light brushing after wear (if at all), and I think a month or two ago I gently went over them with a scant amount of Saphir Renovateur (but didn't want to overdo it as I was worried it might ruin or strip the original polishing/finishing).

Perhaps this is a testament to C&J's magnificent quality!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, although I'm almost embarrassed to admit my routine is very minimal. A light brushing after wear (if at all), and I think a month or two ago I gently went over them with a scant amount of Saphir Renovateur (but didn't want to overdo it as I was worried it might ruin or strip the original polishing/finishing).

Perhaps this is a testament to C&J's magnificent quality!
May want to do more brushing. Apparently, dust is an upper killer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads