• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

RobertE

Reaction score
good morning! just got a pair of crockett and jones.westfield in dark brown. I love them! I keep them at work and will never wear them outside.

general questions:

1. do you use Bick 4 leather conditioner, or saphir renovateur?
2. do you treat the leather sole of the shoe?
3. use shoe wax or shoe cream?
4. if I got boots, would they more or less fit the same?

would like any advice! I really like the shoes, light, yet supportive, a cut above Allen Edmonds.

have a great day!
bob

smile.gif

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use bick 4 it's less harsh on the burnishing. I do not treat the leather sole of the shoe to me it would only serve to soften the leather sole and make it wear faster. On calf you may use wax or cream depending on the look you are looking for. Lasts fit differently among shoes and boots. Even if they size the same they may fit differently.

Also pics or it didnt happen.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's snowing today so I thought I'd put my new Islays to work! I just love these. The scotch grain leather is fantastic. Surprisingly soft and pliable!
I totally agree with this. :fistbump: I have black scotch grain Skye boots - I wore them last night and found myself thinking the same thing.

RobertE

Reaction score
thanks bespoken! will work on photos! i did just get Bicks 4. i look forward to getting more C&J. more affordable than Edward Green. a big price difference for me.

have a GREAT DAY!
best,
Bob
smile.gif

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Unlined Harvard 8.5E. 9.5D TTS here. Last couple of wears before they get put away for the Winter. 80 here today.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foster & Son (Crockett & Jones Clifford 337) sorry for the poor quality

AliMurtaza

Reaction score
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could point out the last on these C&J (Peal & Co) cordovan shoes at Brooks Brothers and give size advice. Looking at the heel pattern, they do seem to be made by C&J. They are not available as yet at my local Brooks Borthers store and I don't want to miss out on the 15% discount. I don't have any experienc of C&J as yet. My shoe size in others brands is as follows

EG UK 9/US 9.5 (82 last D width)
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/Fifth Avenue US 9.5 D

Do these Peal & Co. shoes run true to size? Should I order both US 9 & 9.5 just to be safe and then return according?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.
00ae.png
-Brogue/MH00471,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00471_Color=DKBR&contentpos=35&cgid=0522

00ae.png
-Bluchers/MH00470,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00470_Color=DKRD&contentpos=33&cgid=0522

Just looking at the photos, the wingtip seems more wide than the Blucher.

Thanks for all the help

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could point out the last on these C&J (Peal & Co) cordovan shoes at Brooks Brothers and give size advice. Looking at the heel pattern, they do seem to be made by C&J. They are not available as yet at my local Brooks Borthers store and I don't want to miss out on the 15% discount. I don't have any experienc of C&J as yet. My shoe size in others brands is as follows

EG UK 9/US 9.5 (82 last D width)
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/Fifth Avenue US 9.5 D

Do these Peal & Co. shoes run true to size? Should I order both US 9 & 9.5 just to be safe and then return according?

00ae.png
-Brogue/MH00471,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00471_Color=DKBR&contentpos=35&cgid=0522

00ae.png
-Bluchers/MH00470,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00470_Color=DKRD&contentpos=33&cgid=0522

Just looking at the photos, the wingtip seems more wide than the Blucher.

Thanks for all the help

The wingtips are on the 240 last. I am unsure about the PTBs.

B-Rogue

Reaction score
good morning! just got a pair of crockett and jones.westfield in dark brown. I love them! I keep them at work and will never wear them outside.

general questions:

1. do you use Bick 4 leather conditioner, or saphir renovateur?
2. do you treat the leather sole of the shoe?
3. use shoe wax or shoe cream?
4. if I got boots, would they more or less fit the same?

would like any advice! I really like the shoes, light, yet supportive, a cut above Allen Edmonds.

have a great day!
bob

smile.gif

Bob, each to their own as they say but in my opinion wearing your shoes iniside is like keeping an anmal in the cage. Have no fear and wear them outside. The soles will get worn no matter where you wear them. They're not going to outlive you (and even if they did what would be the point?).

As far as the questions you have raised my advice would be to do your own research and make a decision on what claim you agree more with. In this forum you will find lots of theories contradicting each other and neither of those holding more water than the others. By their very nature forums tend to create hype.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Grain boots via Brooks Brothers Black Fleece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads