1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I would say 8.5uk will work with average medium size socks. 8uk can work but may be in short & tighter side it's better to be little big & use thicker socks vs small & tight and uncomfortable. This is just my input you will physically have to try both shoes to come to conclusion about what you like.

2. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

My C&J retailer doesn't stock Pembroke in G (E is regular) width, unfortunately. Also, I'm not going to use custom orthotics, just regular cushioned insoles, they reduce 1/4 of the shoes size. I have a pair of Cavendish loafers in size 8 (without any extra insoles) and they fit perfectly when just putting them on, but they do feel a bit thight lengthwise after walking a while.

Pembroke in 8.5 with cushioned insoles fit very well. The only issue is some minor heel slippage, which worries me.

3. mosy

mosy Senior member

Thanks. What spray do you use? Also what do you use for edging?

4. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

I'll use whatever is at hand, just finished a Pavers Suede Protector. It's nothing fancy, in fact a local supermarket staple. Re Edging I'll often look after shoes tin twos and threes so if polishing some cap toes I'll use the same wax/polish to do the suede shoe/boot edges.

:embar:

May be heresy but it works for me...

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Lindricks in some direct sunlight. Still dark as can be with indoor lighting. Love these boots either way. Hoping someday they look this color with regular indoor light.

[​IMG]

6. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

I went to the major C&J retailer here in Stockholm and they did have the Pembroke in a wider width. I tried on a size 8, 8G and an 8.5, but the two latter were just too large in the heel. The salesmen recommended that I should go with a size 8 and insert a cushioned half insole (for my flat feet) after using them for a while (after they've stretched). Well, I followed his recommendation and brought the Pembrokes home! [​IMG]

7. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Can someone recommend a good vendor for black shoe laces, specifically for a Connaught? As close to original as possible. Thanks.

8. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Have you tried contacting the C&J New York store for these laces? Most likely they would have some replacements they could sell you or even offer a suggestion to purchase similar ones elsewhere.

9. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

No but thanks, I'll call them today.

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Has anyone try to order from London store directly after the website change (no UK pricing now). I can go through the usual vendor (pediwear,Robotold etc) but they all have quite a wait...

11. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

I've purchased a couple of items after the website change through their UK mail order which is essentially the same ordering from a UK store.

1 person likes this.
  12. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Ditto. I just ordered Chestnut belgraves on Monday (and got in before the price increase).

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Tan Pembrokes today.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Yeah, I know!

16. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Blurry Coniston today [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. tkliebert

tkliebert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I picked these up off of eBay recently. They are C&J for Ralph Lauren. I couldn't find much info about them with a quick google search. Would I be correct to assume they are the same last as the Coniston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Well after the quagmire on the MTO site .. which I've blocked as some were nasty [​IMG] I've revised Lindrick boot pricing.. For members. Does say OBO as usual... jeez

19. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Nice gesture...now...stop spamming threads advertising your own listings ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    1 person likes this.