1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Did you seek out two red leaves, or did you actually place them there on ground, or was it completely random?

:)

2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

That was taken a few months ago back when the leaves were falling so it was pretty close to "random" as I can honestly say. haha

3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

today

5 people like this.
  4. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Clever. Opportunistic. I like it.

Cardigan 4 in roughout. 9E. They're great - my foot just swims in them. Need a half down from my 335 size, IMO.

5. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's difficult to see the color differences with this poor lighting. I'll try and get some better photos later. The colors will get further apart overtime as well. The burgundy will get lighter and a bit more reddish over time and the dark brown will also lighten and turn more caramel like.

The Peal Co boots have an unlined tongue, but the Harlechs have a lined tongue. The Harlechs are a bit longer with a slightly more pointed toe. The Peal Co boots are a US 8.5D and fit well, a bit comfortably snug if anything. The Harlechs are UK 8E and fit very well also, not snug, but definitely not big in any way. Some folks have mentioned that the Peal Co boots don't fit well because one size is too big and the next size down is small. For those I would highly recommend the Harlechs.

Other obvious differences are the sole types and the last.

2 people like this.
  6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Too big!

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

8. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

@TtownMD Copy and pasted from my C&J Islay / Harry ad on B&S (shameless plug). Keep in mind my islays are an 'F' fitting (E being standard).: I took half sized down, for reference I am 11D US in the Lindricks (325 last), 10.5 E / 11 D on Alden Barrie, 11D/E AE 5 Last.

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Thank you for your feed back !!

10. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

For information purpose, as I did that for a friend, I thought this might interest someone here.: C&J 228 (Snowdon) & 325 (Coniston) compare

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

MSAINT thank you for this can you give me your sizes also for both boot above & other brand that you may have like EG, gg, Enzo Bonafe etc

12. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

I'm a UK6.5 (medium) in all my C&J (Islay, Coniston, Snowdon and Skye)
    A UK6.5 (medium) in the 4497S and W2298 Tricker's lasts and a UK6 in their 4444
    A UK6 in the Heschung Ginkgo and Paraboot Beaulieu and William
    A US7 (medium) in all my US boots: Red Wing, Alden (Indie and Naval boots), Chippewa...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  13. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

If you had to pick a pair from the Islays and the cordovan Dundees, what would it be.. I thought I was decided on keeping the dundees as this was from a GMTO and there are not a lot of them. in the wild. However after trying on a pair of Islays, I love how these fit my foot and think they would be a little more practical here in Minnesota.

The only thing I do not like about the Dundees is how wide they look on the foot, which is surprising as the Skye 2s that are on the same last dont look that wide. Does it have anything to the natural edge and the welt?

If it helps, I also have a pair of Truman's boots in Amaretto HH and a pair of White's BH in dress brown that are currently getting a new sole for casual wear.

Some pictures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One in a little sunlight.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  14. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

15. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

12 year old Belgrave`s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Many thanks for the comparison shots! Beautiful boots. How would you compare the batch of dark brown cordo on your Harlechs with, say, Alden cigar? Judging from your photos it seems pretty dark...

And in your POV, how would you say that the Harlechs would work with jeans? I am thinking basic stuff as raw denim with an OBCD shirt...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  17. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Looks great!! One of my absolute favorite pairs.

Crosspost from the shell thread. Doing a little work this morning. Two loafers are not CJ, sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haven't been able to get as much of the shine on my Lindricks and Warlows as I'd like yet. I did finally buy the premium Renovateur at least.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  19. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

Did you ever resole them?

20. canon5dfan

canon5dfan Well-Known Member

hi all, what are people's thoughts on Daltons Cordovan Burgundys and the Skye 3 Chestnut? I haven't been able to find any color comparisons of them together and was hoping C&J owners could provide some insight on the benefits of one over the other? FWIW I'm also considering a pair of the Daltons in Chilis. I already own a pair of the AE Strands in Oxblood so I'm also unsure if owning either the Dalton's or Skye's would be too close to the color? Any help would be appreciated!