• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to having a closer look at these and getting some Saphir on them.

I've been really pleased with the quality of my C&J Benchgrades (Pembroke, Monkton, Bradford). I hope they don't start to feel cheap after wearing these!
Nooo, they are very nice shoes too. Why cheap?. They are better, that is all.

adebisi

Reaction score

Linen and leather London oxfords made for La Botte Chantilly store

Ichaice

Reaction score
I popped into the Knightsbridge store in London a couple of weeks ago as I needed a repair carried out to my Lamont's. The service was great and there was a nice bit of banter. The work was carried out in just over a week and I collected my shoes this morning (see below).

The service I've received can only be described as excellent and the workmanship far better than even I expected. I also tried on the Islay's which are going to be my next purchase for sure.
fing02[1].gif

andermt

Reaction score
Picked up something a bit different in the factory shop last weekend. Some Navy suede with red rubber (Vibram) sole Tenby's.

I was told they were a special order as the label on the box is all hand written, although the box has "Press Sample" hand written on the side of the lid.

I have found them on a couple of blog websites from 2012-13 and it seems they were on the C&J website back in 2013 thanks to the Wayback machine.
http://web.archive.org/web/20130916044813/http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Tenby-Ocean

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
I popped into the Knightsbridge store in London a couple of weeks ago as I needed a repair carried out to my Lamont's. The service was great and there was a nice bit of banter. The work was carried out in just over a week and I collected my shoes this morning (see below).

The service I've received can only be described as excellent and the workmanship far better than even I expected. I also tried on the Islay's which are going to be my next purchase for sure.
fing02[1].gif

Neat job!

It this a section of rubber sole to replace the front leather section?

I have some toe wear and I'm considering toe taps, but this looks like a good idea.

Ichaice

Reaction score

Neat job!

It this a section of rubber sole to replace the front leather section?

I have some toe wear and I'm considering toe taps, but this looks like a good idea.

That's correct. They offered a few solutions but I went for this one. Really happy with the work.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harvard Unlined Whiskey I am a 9.5D U.S. These are 8.5E UK and fit perfectly. Possibly my all time favorite shoe, no kidding. Comfort is King.

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Earlier in the year, I ordered a pair of 348 Edgewear oxfords in dark brown burnished calf to pair up with my 348 Westbourne oxfords in back leather. As nice as they were, I ended up sending them back in exchange for a pair of special order 348 Westbourne oxfords in dark brown antique leather, inspired by @Cleav and his pair.

Alas, I have a borderline OCD habit of always buying pairs of shoes in mated pairs, usually one black pair and one pair in a shade of brown. Unfortunately, the brown Westbourne stock model is in chestnut burnished calf, which just didn't do it for me. Hence the special order below. complete with Rosemoor medallion on the toe cap.

They're off to Gemmels cobblers in Auckland later this week to have SOS topy applied to the heel and soles. Frankly, I feel guilty applying SOS topy to special order shoes but I do prefer my soles that way. Mainly to avoid slipping on the highly polished stone floors common in tropical Southeast Asia, to keep the water out in temperate Auckland, and to extend sole/heel lifespan overall. They haven't received their inaugural spit polish yet, which will follow once they're back from the cobblers.

Last edited:

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
I like the C&J unlined chukka, but I don´t have experience with unlined shoes, what´s the difference or purpose for this? I guess they look like more casual after some wear, like a bit unstructured .

Unlined boots make for a sleeker appearance than lined ones, may not get such pronounced creases in them, and will likely require you to size down a half size or more from the lined stock model's size. I have both lined and unlined 348 Tetbury-Milton and unlined 359 Hartland boots. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Earlier in the year, I ordered a pair of 348 Edgewear oxfords in dark brown burnished calf to pair up with my 348 Westbourne oxfords in back leather. As nice as they were, I ended up sending them back in exchange for a pair of special order 348 Westbourne oxfords in dark brown antique leather, inspired by @Cleav and his pair. Alas, I have a borderline OCD habit of always buying pairs of shoes in mated pairs, usually one black pair and one pair in a shade of brown. Unfortunately, the brown Westbourne stock model is in chestnut burnished calf, which just didn't do it for me. Hence the special order below. complete with Rosemoor medallion on the toe cap. They're off to Gemmels cobblers in Auckland later this week to have SOS topy applied to the heel and soles. Frankly, I feel guilty applying SOS topy to special order shoes but I do prefer my soles that way. Mainly to avoid slipping on the highly polished stone floors common in tropical Southeast Asia, to keep the water out in temperate Auckland, and to extend sole/heel lifespan overall. They haven't received their inaugural spit polish yet, which will follow once they're back from the cobblers.
Fabulous BK, wear in good health :nodding:

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Beautiful Edgewares Kiwi
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@Skyfell a belated cheers for that. As nice as the 348 Edgewear oxfords where, I decided to return them for MTO 348 Westbourne oxfords in dark brown antique calf. See posts above, a few posts back.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Earlier in the year, I ordered a pair of 348 Edgewear oxfords in dark brown burnished calf to pair up with my 348 Westbourne oxfords in back leather. As nice as they were, I ended up sending them back in exchange for a pair of special order 348 Westbourne oxfords in dark brown antique leather, inspired by @Cleav and his pair. Alas, I have a borderline OCD habit of always buying pairs of shoes in mated pairs, usually one black pair and one pair in a shade of brown. Unfortunately, the brown Westbourne stock model is in chestnut burnished calf, which just didn't do it for me. Hence the special order below. complete with Rosemoor medallion on the toe cap. They're off to Gemmels cobblers in Auckland later this week to have SOS topy applied to the heel and soles. Frankly, I feel guilty applying SOS topy to special order shoes but I do prefer my soles that way. Mainly to avoid slipping on the highly polished stone floors common in tropical Southeast Asia, to keep the water out in temperate Auckland, and to extend sole/heel lifespan overall. They haven't received their inaugural spit polish yet, which will follow once they're back from the cobblers.
Very nicely done.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw these boots on Instagram recently, can't find them on C&J's web site. Anyone know where to find? I am interested in both.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads