• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

SW1Y

Reaction score
Yes, these shoes haven't been worn more than a couple of times judging by the wear on the sole. As said, it looks like an original C&J sole to me, if the upper is fine, go for it!

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments.

I think I'm going to be getting my first taste of Handgrade!

Girouf

Reaction score
Heres original hangdrade Weymouth soles. Left one with black upper and right one with brown upper.

Ichaice

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Below is my humble Crockett & Jones collection. I have the Norwich, Lamont and Brecon. I'm looking to buy the Islay boot. All my current models are size 7.5E. Do you think I will be ok on the Islay 365 last with a 7 or 7.5?

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Heres original hangdrade Weymouth soles. Left one with black upper and right one with brown upper.

Perfect, thanks. The website only shows the brown sole as the default when you review the black uppers.

I'm pretty sure the soles are legit. Thanks for your help!

Girouf

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Below is my humble Crockett & Jones collection. I have the Norwich, Lamont and Brecon. I'm looking to buy the Islay boot. All my current models are size 7.5E. Do you think I will be ok on the Islay 365 last with a 7 or 7.5?
You should definitely go with size 7. The 365 last has a very wide waist, high profile and wide toe area. During all my time as a Crockett & Jones retailer everyone exept cosumers with the need of G width has gone down a half size on the 365.

But please note the C&J Skye on last 335. Since you are wearing the long and narrow 341 and 348 in 7,5 I think that this modell should fit your foot better.

Last edited:

Ichaice

Reaction score
You should definitely go with size 7. The 365 last has a very wide waist, high profile and wide toe area. During all my time as a Crockett & Jones retailer everyone exept cosumers with the need of G width has gone down a half size on the 365.

But please note the C&J Skye on last 335. Since you are wearing the long and narrow 341 and 348 in 7,5 I think that this modell should fit your foot better.

Many thanks, appreciated.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone. Below is my humble Crockett & Jones collection. I have the Norwich, Lamont and Brecon. I'm looking to buy the Islay boot. All my current models are size 7.5E. Do you think I will be ok on the Islay 365 last with a 7 or 7.5?

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that own some C&J Weymouth, could you tell me if these soles look to be legit/original?

They look a bit different to the stock "handgrade sole" photo they have on the C&J website.

Whats your thoughts?

Legit - just a variation on finish...lovely shoes, and oak bark sole is top grade

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the only sole pic I have as its from a classified listing.

Does the wear on the sole look very slight? The advert says they were only worn 2 or 3 times. Does that look about right?

Yes, full day and walking 2.5 miles is my estimate -), but there is very little wear there...

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Thanks!

Here are the uppers too. I can't see any major damage and the creases look consistent with the sole wear.

I cat wait to get them!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those that own some C&J Weymouth, could you tell me if these soles look to be legit/original? They look a bit different to the stock "handgrade sole" photo they have on the C&J website. Whats your thoughts?
My HG black calf Grenville 2 has an outsole like that.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Really looking forward to having a closer look at these and getting some Saphir on them.

I've been really pleased with the quality of my C&J Benchgrades (Pembroke, Monkton, Bradford). I hope they don't start to feel cheap after wearing these!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads