1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Just scrolled back up to look at the list. Agree, although the navy Pembroke seems somewhat intriguing (but I have no idea how I'd wear a navy blue shoe).

2. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. itzgok

itzgok Member

Ugh.. If I had the disposable income for it, I'd buy 3 pairs to get the extra 10% off. Although, would that tip the USA duty threshold?

Also, any idea what sizing they use on the site? Are all sizes for those C&Js shown in UK sizing? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Galway 2 is 413 euro. I'm guessing that's including VAT, so excited VAT should be around 344 euro which is $360. Seems like a very good price. No idea what shipping costs to USA though

5. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

I'm seeing 35 Euro to the US so around $400 in total. I'm on the fence but it's very tempting...

6. BackInTheJox

Man, I just bought these a few weeks ago from CJ direct. Cost around $490 shipped, I think. Should've waited.

Great boots, by the way.

7. irbe

irbe Senior member

Galway 2 Is in 325 last??

8. blueline7

blueline7 Active Member

I just picked this pair of shoes up after ordering online, and I note that the right shoe has an "antiquing" that is significantly different than the left. I tried polishing them using a neutral cordovan polish, but it didn't make any difference. I love the shoes, but am wondering if this is normal, or whether these are defective or someone has worked on one of them before they got to me.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

That looks like a variation the hide that should not have been used. At least should not have been used for that piece. They should have been seconds, imo.

10. fishstix

fishstix Active Member

To me, this warrants a return. The leather on the left shoe should have not been used and I would not accept these.

11. zag73

zag73 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they were allowed out of the factory. There's always variation in leather but that's quite extreme. I'd get them exchanged.

12. Decreased

Decreased Member

Definite return IMO

13. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Whoa! Is that calf leather? Anyways, of course you should return them. No question about it.

14. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

I purchased a pair but wasn't able to enter credit card or payment info. Very strange.

Anyone know how to pay on the site?

I also got a receipt lol

15. blueline7

blueline7 Active Member

What is the US duty threshold for Florida? I am in Canada where with most deliveries, the duties amount to a whopping 30%, but was thinking of avoiding Canadian duties by shipping to the US and having relatives personally bring them up to Canada for me as part of their own duty free allowance.

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

$800 for all of US.

17. BackInTheJox

In case anyone was wondering, there was no issue here. Shoes were delivered on time with no issue. Didn't even need a signature.

I'll get some photos of the Cardiff up in a bit. Really love the shoe. A little bit uneven burnishing on one of the toes/vamp, but for being a shoe no longer produced and ordering overseas, it's not at all enough of an issue for me to care about or request an exchange.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  18. razl

razl Senior member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  19. blueline7

blueline7 Active Member

Thank you!

20. blueline7

blueline7 Active Member

Indeed. Many thanks. Returned without issue, thankfully. I daresay, a Cordovan Caper... ;)