1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey guys, those lingwood cordovan wing tips are now in the $480US range. 20% off all items.

2. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Which site ?

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Newandlingwood.com

Code: XMASVIP20%

4. Win545

Win545 Senior member

Any one know what last are the C&J New & Lingwood 3 Tie Chuuka built on?

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I don't suppose anyone has come across a location that has either the Galway 2 or Durham (both in grain leather) on sale for Black Friday, have you?

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

7. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Guys,
    What's your feedback in CJ cardigan 4. I wanted feedback on color , and built. Are they cleanly welt?
    The shell color look very dark in pictures.

Thank you

8. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Hi there ,
    Do you own cardigan 4? I am considering as my first CJ shell. The shell color look very dark. How's build and quality ?

9. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Yes, I have the Cardigan 4 in dark brown shell cordovan. I love these shoes. I can't speak for anyone else, but these are very comfortable and very versatile as well. I love the Dainite sole. They are very dark brown which I like very much. I can't say if it is luck of the draw or that particular batch of shell or just the norm. The build quality is impeccable. In my experience I find all of my C&J's are equal or slightly better build quality than my Alden's, but better QA. Certainly a full step above my Allen Edmonds. Compared to the 325 last in the same size these are slightly longer. I size down 1 full size from my US size. Let me know if you would like any further information.

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You know, once you factor in state sales tax, the Barney's sales price of $449 makes them about the same price as ordering from the uk (440GBP less VAT so about 367GBP plus another 20 or so for shipping).

11. Bleedblue

Bleedblue Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with "Walnut Hurricane"? I picked up a Chelsea 5 pair in the Barneys sale after kicking myself for returning the dark brown pebbled during the last sale. Wondering if it has any particular properties, i.e. water resistance, vs standard calf.

Additionally, anyone with sizing experience in a Barneys 335 last - TTS or half down? Bought both, half down feels snug but like my foot would break the shoe in, TTS feels comfortable but a bit long.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  12. TokenMao

TokenMao Well-Known Member

Right, that's assuming that there's a Barney's in your state (if not there's no tax), and that you have a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee, plus Barney's offers free returns if it doesn't work out.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I understand it is highly water resistant along the same lines as the waxed brown they use on the Northcote. I've seen it in person and think
    It's a great color. Smart move to pick up both sizes - tough call there. Please let us know what works best for you.

14. BackInTheJox

For those of you who own the Cavendish: how did you size relative to other 325 last shoes?

15. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I wear the same size in all 325 uk sized shoes.

I can compare the Cavendish (I own two pairs in UK 8,5) also to the 325 bbbf longwing (you own) in size us 9,5d (which I recently tried and returned)
    The longwing is longer and narrower. (I would have preferred a us 9e)

Hope this helps

16. BackInTheJox

Thanks Alex, that is helpful. I just never know with loafers, and I tend to err on sizing down to avoid too much slippage.

17. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

I wore my new Coniston boots today for the second time. The first outing was about 2 hours at church.
    Today, I wore them for about 4-5 hours.

Not that comfortable. Is there a break in period or is the footbed just not comfortable?

They fit well.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

C&J's take some break in time.. more than say Alden. But, they are built like tanks and will wear a long time.

19. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Does anyone size differently in 325 and 341? I'm looking at Bradford on 341 but my only experience is with 325 and they're all boots. How much longer does the 341 run compared to 325?

20. Sym

Sym Senior member

Both my Purdey Conistons were so very comfortable out the box. Do C&J branded ones use a different footbed?