• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NewStart

Reaction score

May i know what is GMTO?

Sounds like they don't have many sizes in FS

Guess it will be better to just shop the london sale then :/

Picture taken a while back, best to visit Northampton on a Friday. Most of the factories are open on Friday

DavidKong

Reaction score
The London sale in January was actually pretty good - the HG's I looked at were I think £350 including VAT, so given the VAT rebate and FX of the time about $450. And I'm a UK8 or 8.5 depending on last so not just the odd sizes.
Yea, The most eye catching handgrade shoes which were on sale last time were Audley and Lonsdale.. They were seconds though

andermt

Reaction score
The factory shop at Northampton is only open Friday afternoon from 2pm until 5.30pm and on a Saturday Morning from 9.30am to 12.00.

jssdc

Reaction score
Was going to look this up for you and cross-reference against the C&J site, as these are similar to a pair that @Cleav has, but for some reason C&J is turning up on the UAE list of blocked websites. From memory, however, that looks like the 341, and C&J's own version is similar but in golf grain rather than regular calf and doesn't have the exposed heel counters. Nice shoes for $350.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with you that it looks like 325 based on shape and toe. Any way to confirm with the pictures/numbers I provided?

Only asking C&J, those numbers are similar to the writing on RL Marlows etc shoes with no last number clearly written.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Only asking C&J, those numbers are similar to the writing on RL Marlows etc shoes with no last number clearly written.

Thanks. I'll stop by the NY store in the next few weeks. The semi-annual sale should be coming up soon, I'll try to time it with that event.

bermannyc

Reaction score
Hi

Just curious. How much should a pair of Coniston subs go for? They're slightly used but I'm not even sure how much a "new" pair of subs would be.

Thanks.

bermannyc

Reaction score
There's a semi annual sale at the NYC store? What kind of discounts are there on the non-MTO stuff?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads