1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

@Dd1101
    @BackInTheJox
    @dbacr
    @Skelnik
    @Mr Clemson
    @chipshot

I've reached out to Lauren regarding a GMTO of brown shell Marlows.

Spec will be exactly this shoe. Will update when I hear back re: pricing and timeline. Hoping pricing will be in the $500-$600 range which is much cheaper than the $1000 RL now charges, with discounts not really happening anymore.

[​IMG]

Or the more likely shade of brown:

[​IMG]

Anyone interested in this run, pls reach out. I will likely continue this in the C&J MTO thread.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

3. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

A new cordovan shoe from C&J! 371 last. Whiskey and dark brown Horween shell.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

Lauren has gotten back to me,

16 weeks (4 months) to ship

For EU members (Including VAT) - £590

For non-EU members (Excluding VAT) - £491.68 / $607 USD

Given there is no tax on sub-$800 orders entering the US, this is 40% off retail for Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers brown shell C&J wingtip with no tax.

All further discussion regarding this GMTO will continue in the GMTO thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/362536/crockett-jones-mto-central/5445

[​IMG]

5. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Finally gave in to the dropping British Pound and ordered the cordovan Cardigan 4 from Pediwear. The website said my size was in stock (UK7) so crossing my fingers.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

If I want to order a pair of cordos from CJ is there a contact email?

7. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

I just got a pair recently. Very nice. What was the total price with shipping if you don't mind me asking?

8. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

I have to see what my final credit card charge will be for the exchange rate but conversion at the time of order was around $611 with shipping. I'm not sure if I will get hit with a duty to the US. I was thinking of ordering direct from C&J in the UK or purchasing from SkyValet in the US but this was cheaper (so far).

9. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

That's a great price. There won't be any import duty since these are under $800. They raised the allowance in April. I purchased mine about 5 weeks ago and paid $80 more so you it worked out well for you.

10. blacksamurai30

blacksamurai30 Well-Known Member

Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know a good way to clean the Marlow Shell wingtips in dark brown? Mine are super comfy and awesome, but the left shoe has a bit of a white...not haze.. but spots. They are as if there is a water spot or some dirt/stain but they don't come off with brushing or Saphir Reno.

Im also looking for a good color matching polish, though should I just go for neutral? Thanks!

11. pediwear

pediwear Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi Iagsun

We will check first thing tomorrow for you, but if the website says they are in stock they certainly should be. We did buy a little stock in this style so we have quite a few sizes available. I have been wearing my Cardigans today, it was their first outing this autumn/fall so seeing this thread made me smile - they are wonderful shoes both to wear and to look at.

We will be in touch!

Mike
    Pediwear

2 people like this.
  12. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Brown shell Dundee on a really nice day in Seattle.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Whiskey Harlechs

Happy Tuesday!

4 people like this.
  15. a1s2d3

a1s2d3 Member

[​IMG]
    Just received these Sydneys. I know the tongue under the strap won't be seen but is this what should be expected of their quality? Surely the finisher could have easily applied some finish under the strap. Does anyone else have the Sydney with this same issue?

16. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Please post more pictures when possible looking at cj loafer options at the moment.

17. krede

krede Member

18. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I would hardly call that an issue. I don't think it would be reasonable for the finisher to apply a small around of procuct to that area, attempt to brush/buff it, and still maintain an even finish on the visible area around the strap. Personally, I dont see it as an issue with quality or CJ. Enjoy the wonderful shoes, they look great!

19. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Happy Tuesday!

2 people like this.
  20. chandelle

chandelle Active Member

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned of getting their leather sole converted to Dainite. Seriously? While most would love to convert *to* leather, why would anyone want to remove it for Dainite or rubber? I'm quite nonplussed...