1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

This is my experience, as Lauren said Us D is certainly narrower than Uk E.

But fit can vary from case to case.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I, too, believe the Marlows are UK D width. I made a post about this issue on 11/25/2015 (post #10431 of this thread).

3. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Well-Known Member

This is not consistent with what I was told by Lauren. She said a 10.5D US Marlow is a 10.0E UK. Also for what it's worth I find my 10.5D Marlows fit much like my AE 10.5D Leeds and my Alden 10.5D Perforated Captoes (built on the Hampton last). All are generous with their width, particularly in the toe box, ball of foot area.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

5. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Thats a great looking PTB you got there. Looking to replace my snuff chukkas and a suede PTB is what I'm leaning towards

1 person likes this.
  6. FrankieG

FrankieG Member

First post for me on styleforum.net, so a big 'hello' to all.

I was lucky enough to come across a NOS pair of C&J 'Spencer' wingtips in a private sale today. I can't find any information about them though. Is anyone familiar with this model? They are marked 9202 12EE 330 SPENCER and appear to be Hand Grade.

What color Saphir Cream Polish would you recommend for these? Medium Brown??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rakuskus

rakuskus Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would say from experience shell cordovan shoes always fit tighter

1 person likes this.
  8. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Regardless, looking good there gents :nodding:

9. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

love Coniston pebble grain

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. benf

benf Senior member

Hi Gents, what Saphir polish works best for Crockett and Jones 'Dark Brown' color? I've a pair of Lowndes that're about 6 months old and I'd like to maintain the color as much as possible. Thanks.

11. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

^^ Not sure on color match (above) but I strongly agree with those who polish and wax new shoes. ^^

12. benf

benf Senior member

My usual shoe care routine consists of renovateur followed by a neutral cream.

I wear the Lowndes ~*0.75/wk so about 10 times in total. Time spent outdoor is about 20min. What I have found is how easy it picks up dirt, even in dry weather. Most of it will come off by wiping with a wet cloth. But when it rains, the leather gets really dirty. In this case, the wipe down has limited effect. So I use SR as a defecto cleaner.

So my questions are:
    - is this the correct care routine?
    - I notice a few scruffs already. Since I'd like to maintain the original 'dark brown' colour as much as possible, what's the best match in a Saphir shoe cream?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  13. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Hi,

Does anyone here take the same size on the 365 last (Islay) as the 325? My Islays are roomy in the forefoot and I'm looking at acquiring a pair of Pembrokes. Stay the same size or go up a half size? Thanks.

14. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

I would say if your Islay's were tight, then size up half size in the Pembrokes.

15. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Senior member

Just popped up on facebook;

With strong family connections between the owners of the two companies, Crockett & Jones and The Harborough Rubber Co have designed and developed a new high quality rubber sole for AW16. Unique to Crockett & Jones and aptly named the ‘City Sole’.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

I do hope this has improved the traction a bit, as the Dainite soles sometime feels like the soap bars ..

1 person likes this.
  17. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

I found dainite to be very grippy except on wet surface

18. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

LoL, that's what I referred to .. What's the point of the studded rubber soles if they are slippery on the wet surface? Under the normal weather conditions even the regular leather soles are good enough ..

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  19. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

I had my mind on when I get on the bus. While I stand on the metal surface all of my shoes make me slip more or less except the ones with the dainite soles :p

20. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

I've always used dark brown (both cream and paste) and it seems in keeping with the original color. I also use black in the toe cap but that's just me.

1 person likes this.