1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. likenoother

likenoother Well-Known Member

No doubt Rossendale is made by C&J. It's not their common 341 E Last, but could be 341 G.

Rossendale US 8.5 E (not equal to UK 7.5 E) // LAst 341 UK 7.5 E // Last 325 UK 7.5 E

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW... if someone will see that Rossendale suede in US 8, feel free to contact me ;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Just placed an order for a pair of Chadwicks in antique chestnut. Can't wait.

3. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

The joy of shoe fitting, only subjective opinions available :)

To provide some references:
    UK 11 C&J 337 (requiring some stretching to be comfortable across the instep and toes)
    UK 11 Enzo Bonafe 946 (perfect fit apart from a bit of stretching required for the toes)
    45.5 Vass P2 (only experiences with derby models)
    UK 11 Carmina Rain (only derbies, oxfords way too tight over the instep)
    US 11E Alden Barrie (only experiences with derby models)

4. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

wishing summer was over.....

new Consiton boots :)

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

excellent @dahl5yankees :nodding:

6. Averroes1198

Averroes1198 Senior member

Nice, I also love my Coniston boots!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. mosy

mosy Senior member

Limited Opportunity to join current MTO for the iconic LINDRICK Boot.

[​IMG]
    photo credit: @NAMOR

This MTO is days away from going into production. There was a last minute pull out. First come first serve.

Here are the specs:

Crockett and Jones
    325 Last
    Dark Brown Shell Cordovan (color may be darker than photo above, as there are variations in C&J's / Horween's brown shell)
    Double Leather Sole
    Storm Welt
    Dark Antique Sole Edging
    All Eyelets
    Price: 583.36 GBP + 30 GBP for US shipping. The total including shipping comes to approximately $800 with the current favorable exchange rate. This is a bargain for a boot that would sell for $1000+ if it was being sold here in the USA.

Please PM me if you want to join.

8. jamiemcp

jamiemcp Senior member

I was looking at mine this morning, hoping for a bit of rain so I could get a chance to wear them.

9. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Girls will love your shoes.[​IMG]

10. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Can anyone comment about the fitting differences of 325 and Alden Barrie? General sizing comparisons and sizing in reference to across vamp/heel/ toe box/overall length. Any feedback appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  11. razl

razl Senior member

Quick update to my long running attempt to secure a pair of the now discontinued Purdey's Islays from here and here - a fellow forum member happened to have a pair of them in UK9s that weren't working for him that I rolled the dice on. I'm happy to report that the actual foot fit is perfect except the vamp which is just a bit snug. However, after some extensive test sessions around the house, I'm convinced they are going to break in just fine.

I'm also ecstatic to report that while my original pair from Purdey was a dark chocolate brown with no color variation at all, these are more of a mid-brown that leans darkand are just the sort of color I was hoping for.

Some quick shots of their maiden voyage - can't wait until fall!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

looking good Razl, congratulations :D

13. djbanor

djbanor Senior member

By the way, Purdey has an awesome sale till July 31st -- 25% off £350 or more. Especially good for non-UK/EU folks because of VAT deduction, and shipping and returns are free for orders over £250. Doesn't hurt that the exchange rate favours the USD :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  14. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

So I posted a little bit back that I would comment on the Vincent loafer once I got it. Well, I have finally have a chance to wear them (twice) and I have to say its an interested last. The 337 that the vincent tassel loafer is on is a nice last, with a nice shape to it. It's a bit like the 348. It fits long and a little bit big overall. I would say same width as the 348, maybe a hint more narrow, but for sure longer, with a much bigger heel cup.

I fit the following for reference:

Alden barrie: 11.5D great fit, maybe a hint large in the heel, but very comfy.
    11.5E UK in the EG 82 last, alright in the old lasts, great in the new resin.
    11E UK 325, 348, 326. All fit well, but the 325 (cavendish) and 348 are especially enjoyable, if 1mm too narrow across the width.

The 337 in an 11E uk fits a bit longer than most of these, maybe on par with the 82, and comparable width the 325, maybe a touch more narrow. Its an alright fit for me, but I get a fair amount of heel slip. The shoe itself looks amazing, and the oversized tassel is extremely nice in person. I wish my cavendish had that feature. But as I get a bit more discerning with my footwear, I think that while these work, i'm going to try and sell them on the B&S, since I'm not in love with the fit, and will hopefully sell them to purchase another cavendish. I can provide comparison pictures sometime soon if time permits.

In terms of the handgrade. The suede is a bit nicer and smoother, the soles are much nicer, the finishing is a bit tighter, the waist of the shoe is a bit more narrow and beautiful. Is it worth the up charge? Yes, I think so, if you can afford it and the style agrees with you. I think it takes them to the next level, and brings them closer to EG and JL (while still being a notable step below in my eyes).

Hope this helps someone.

1 person likes this.
  15. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Many thanks for your thoughts,
    (However it is made on 363 last not 337)

So you wear the same size in cavendish and vincent and you suggest to take the same size?

Do you have some comparision pictures?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  16. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Well-Known Member

KPDarb, I have the C&J for RL SWB and PTB. I believe both were built on the 325 last. Both are sized 10.5D which I have been told to equates to 10E UK. I also have a 105D Alden chukka built on the Barrie last. I find the fit to be comparable on all 3 pairs, although the Alden's may have a little less room in the toe box. I believe the biggest difference may be in the vamp where the laces come together. The C&J's come together almost like a good fitting balmoral, whereas there is a more significant gap with the chukka, although that may be a reflection of the design rather than the last. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  17. JonSmythe

JonSmythe Well-Known Member

Hey guys, looking for some help here! If I fit well in the Alex2 (barneys) in a size 8 what size would I be in the Overton in UK sizing? I assume the sizes at barney's are US sizes? Can anyone confirm? Any help is greatly appreciated - (sorry about the conversion + different lasts).

18. razl

razl Senior member

My recently acquired Purdey Islays. Now I just can't wait for cold weather and to bust out some flannels :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. Juhuatai

Juhuatai Well-Known Member

Hope those treat you better than they treated me Razl!

20. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Sorry, I mixed up the lasts, thanks for the correction.

In terms of sizing, if your foot isn't too wide, I would recommend going a half size down for the Vincent. IE 11Euk cavendish, 10.5E UK vincent. The heel is just too big, and the shoe too long to stick with the same size. The cavendish is one of my best fits, and I would say it is snug and comfortable in an 11E, borderline too short, but great in the heel and nice to wear all day as a loafer. The Vincent in an 11E has tons of heel slip, comparable width, and much more length. 10.5E or F would likely be a better option for me.

I took some quick and dirty pics, I hope these help a bit. From top to bottom. Vincent on its own 11E uk, compared with Cavendish in 11E uk, compared with Westbourne (348) in 11E uk, and compared with EG chelsea 11.5E UK on the 82. I tried to match up the heels as best as possible but they might not be exact, so take these with a grain of salt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.