• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

ap10046

Reaction score
Well, i've decided to write to Ron (Rider) and request him for a change of color/finish on the Cottesmores.
Alternatively I may sell them off.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Is there any way to deal with the lines in my shoes. I used reno, cream polished and then waxed. The shoes were perfect after that, but as soon as I put them on, these lines reappeared.

I don´t know how to take away the lines, except if they are there b/c of to much polish on the shoe. I think it´s nice when the shoes show sign of wear and personally i want the leather to get that "soft" look you get when you used them lots :)

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_5670.jpg
Can anyone tell me the name of this model?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like the C&J for Ralph Lauren Darlton/Marlow PTB (on 325 last) in dark cognac shell.

I think the consensus is that these are not on 325 last but rather on 341 last.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the consensus is that these are not on 325 last but rather on 341 last.

^^Crap! didn't know that - I would have purchased those. 341 is a great last.

I need some help with the 358 and 348 lasts. I understand the 348 is the bench grade version of the 358, but are they exactly the same? I have heard that the 348 is very long. Does anyone have experience with both?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^Crap! didn't know that - I would have purchased those. 341 is a great last.
I need some help with the 358 and 348 lasts. I understand the 348 is the bench grade version of the 358, but are they exactly the same? I have heard that the 348 is very long. Does anyone have experience with both?

The 358 is actually just a smidge longer than the 348. I haven't worn both lasts but I held them up together in the store. I was told by the SA that the fit between the two is essentially identical with the exception of the minor difference in length. So presuming he was speaking the truth........

The 348 is indeed a long last in general - I am holding up a pair next to my G&Gs in the TG73 and even though the C&Js are 1/2 size smaller the overall shoe is still about 1/8" longer on the C&J than on the G&G. I have a 341 lasted shoe at home - not with me here at the office - but as I recall it is about 1/4" shorter than the 348. And of course it is much more oval, less chiseled.

For me the 348 last is total win. Fits my feet perfectly - including my rather highish arch.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 358 is actually just a smidge longer than the 348. I haven't worn both lasts but I held them up together in the store. I was told by the SA that the fit between the two is essentially identical with the exception of the minor difference in length. So presuming he was speaking the truth........
The 348 is indeed a long last in general - I am holding up a pair next to my G&Gs in the TG73 and even though the C&Js are 1/2 size smaller the overall shoe is still about 1/8" longer on the C&J than on the G&G. I have a 341 lasted shoe at home - not with me here at the office - but as I recall it is about 1/4" shorter than the 348. And of course it is much more oval, less chiseled.
For me the 348 last is total win. Fits my feet perfectly - including my rather highish arch.

G, thanks that was precisely the answer I needed. An 8.5 in the 341 is a perfect fit. I am an 8 in the 358 but the shoes start out a touch tight and the 8.5 is too big. I am guessing the 348 would likely not work--even a smidge shorter would make it at poor fit. I will have to wait until my next visit to NYC to see for sure. I am waiting on a pair of Burgundy Ardens and the wait is killing me.

Does anyone have a comparison of all C&J lasts like they do in the Alden thread?

Last edited:

dandie

Reaction score

According to the CJ store manager at The Royal Exchange, more than 50% of the shoes sold last year were 348/358.

Re sizing, I am an 8.5, but in the two derby styles I have in 358 (Brunswick and Prestwood) I easily went down half a size to an 8 at the recommendation of the staff.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to the CJ store manager at The Royal Exchange, more than 50% of the shoes sold last year were 348/358.

Re sizing, I am an 8.5, but in the two derby styles I have in 358 (Brunswick and Prestwood) I easily went down half a size to an 8 at the recommendation of the staff.

Well isn't that because 50% of their shoes are on those lasts?

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just asked my guy in NY to send me the Drummond--going to try the same size as the 341. I wear an 8 in the 358 but going with 8.5 in the 348. Hoping for a perfect fit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics