• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I gather the luxury shoe trees are lasted for 348/358 shoes. The classic trees are an all-round fit that can be used on all models.

Sweden

Reaction score
From what I gather the luxury shoe trees are lasted for 348/358 shoes. The classic trees are an all-round fit that can be used on all models.
Thank you for that info! :)

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ gorgeous color!! Wow, are my brown Harlechs going to patina like that? Better start wearing them some more.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help switching over to CJ shoes and finding the right last/fitting.

I have a pair of Suede Monkton in E which are a bit narrow, but it's okay for me as I don't usually wear them for long periods anyway. I usually wear Loake shoes, and I've found the most comfort in their narrower G and their wider F, so presumably I am somewhere in between. http://www.pediwear.co.uk/newsitem/60.php The best fitting last for me is the 026F and 026G. Hard to say which is better as both are good but the former was a chukka and the latter was a chelsea.

Am I correct that essentially for CJ E = Loake F, and F = G? I was going to try get a pair of G Monkton but I hear that's their extra wide fit, and perhaps I'm better suited with an F? Is there a guide for CJ lasts and fits for me to use? Tried to look up but can't find anything thorough. Thanks.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question - do any of you own Wicklows or Wexfords? My Barneys version of the Wicklows are starting to look like they could use some conditioning but I'm not really sure how to condition the "robust oiled-hide leather," as C&J calls it. I emailed C&J, but I'm just curious if anyone has a maintenance routine for that type of leather.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got these out today

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
It's a wet and wild spring day down under in Auckland, New Zealand. I've taken the afternoon off to run some personal errands and to enjoy the fresh air. Just changed into my Tetbury boots to battle the elements. Unfortunately, no "Nano" (tip of hat to Cleav for intro) on hand yet to keep any heavy rain out. I'm off to Gemmels first -- the best cobblers in town -- to have SOS topy applied to leather soles and heels of recent C&J purchases (Barrington 2 & down sized Miltons). Enjoy your day, gents.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Too bad they aren't a 12 or I'd snatch them up without a moment's notice...

Better off without them

My Crocketts killed my feet and I chucked them

Now I save up and buy bespoke G and G or St.James Lobb, I'm vat exempt as I'm registered as permanently disabled...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better off without them

My Crocketts killed my feet and I chucked them

Now I save up and buy bespoke G and G or St.James Lobb, I'm vat exempt as I'm registered as permanently disabled...

We know...you spammed this in every ******* shoe thread on the forum.

Please stop NOW.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads