• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jobojolo

Reaction score
can anyone tell me whether the lonsdale on last 363 with 12 eyelets hold heel better than 337? I have the audley and the weymouth in 337 but am having heel slip issue. shoes are in correct size, not too big not too small.

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Attention: C&J Barrington 2 and/or 363 Last Fans

My C&J contact in the United Kingdom has just informed me that they're now taking orders for the Barrington 2 hand-grade oxford capped semi-brogue shoe in black leather.

Personally, I'm also interested in buying the shoe in antique dark brown leather too. Alas, C&J have no firm plans yet to make it as a standard model. So, only the "special order" option is available at this time.

If other thread members are interested in purchasing the Barrington 2 in antique dark brown leather, then perhaps you could chime in here too, to let the C&J representative on this thread know.

EDIT: Apparently, C&J's policy is typically to only produce leather shoes in black and "only one shade of brown". There appear to be periodic exceptions to this policy however, the policy is in effect now for the 363 Barrington 2 oxfords.

kaizo

Reaction score

Or a half size too big.

I've made some expensive mistakes with buying shoes too small. The size is correct and the fit is good I just wear them a lot. Eventually all shoes will crease.

jssdc

Reaction score
^^^i only brought it up because my first pair of C&J exhibited a similar creating pattern. They were fitted at tone of the Jermyn St shops and the SA considered them a good fit. For all subsequent C&J orders I've sized down .5 and the creasing has been much less pronounced. YMMV of course because different feet and lasts interact differently. Not a big deal at the end of the day - I still wear my one pair of size 9s regularly (today, in fact) and can live with a bit of extra creasing.

MDeKelver

Reaction score
When in doubt lighter shade of polish is your friend. Patina in my experience is best acquired over a period of time through natural use. Its hard to explain but there is something artificial about an aimed patina to my eyes.
What about neutral waxes? I've found that the natural leather colour will darken, just by good use of neutral waxes. I'm on the fence on colour vs. neutral wax.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ohhh shitttt!!!

Excuse me if these have been posted already. Looks like new C&J models went up in the last week or so. (Since I last checked)

Really like these.

@Claghorn @jerrybrowne @in stitches @justinkapur @NAMOR @SpooPoker

http://www.crockettandjones.com/news/index/crockett-and-jones-autumn-winter-2014-collection

Pembroke navy!

Pembroke-Navy-Scotch.jpg

Burgundy shell longwing. (Holy ****! And that's coming from a guy who's ambivalent on longwings)

Cheviot-Bugundy-Cordovan.jpg

Pebble monk

Harrogate-Tan-Scotch.jpg

Split toe. Nice, but too chiseled for my tastes

1.jpg

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Certain to be in the 700+ range

Calf derbies are usually about 550

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not completely sold on the concept of longwing yet though.

Something about that long horizontal broguing that extends from the front of the shoe to the back of the shoe looks wonky to me...

I would have preferred a burguny cordovan shortwing (Pembroke)

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I for one would like another good choice of longwing besides Alden

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads