• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Cuebert

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need your advice!

As the days slowly tend to get colder I am looking for a nice pair of boots.

The 348 Last fits me PERFECT, whereas the 341 and 359 fits me quite good aswell.

My Problem: the 348 is a bit too pointy for my taste, and the 341 and 359 don't really offer what I am looking for.

Are there any other lasts that might fit me that you could recommend, given the information above?

How does the 371 fit?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cuebert

Reaction score
What don't you like about 341 and 359?
It's quite simple: while the Brecon on the 341 probably is the only suitable Boot for the colder weather on that last, the 359 doesn't offer any proper boot at all...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear my Sanders dirty bucks with jeans, shorts, and virtually any chino other than khaki or gray. My C&J for RL Prestburys pretty much the same but not shorts.

PSA - I've been buying Nano Protector from this guy on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111358407976
No affiliation with him, but quick shipping and about 2/3 the price of Leffot.

thanks for the heads up

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need your advice!

As the days slowly tend to get colder I am looking for a nice pair of boots.

The 348 Last fits me PERFECT, whereas the 341 and 359 fits me quite good aswell.

My Problem: the 348 is a bit too pointy for my taste, and the 341 and 359 don't really offer what I am looking for.

Are there any other lasts that might fit me that you could recommend, given the information above?

How does the 371 fit?

Thanks in advance!

@Cuebert my entry point into C&J footwear range was via the popular 348 last. Suggest you check out the 363 last -- another popular last, albeit with a not so pointy almond toe box -- and size down by a half size.

EDIT: check out my recent posts for pictures both C&J 348 and 363 last examples side by side.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that the makeup is the same as whats available from all Crockett and Jones retailers but the photos just makes it look different, adding a 'red' tint.

Found these three:

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/3530.php

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/5561.php

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/3536.php

I think the Barney's one looks a bit more formal. Also looking at the price, could it be made to handgrade levels?

The Barney's one is more formal. It's not even debatable. All are nice, though.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must be, as crockett jones is only making them in ugly Tan grain or a too fashion forward for my taste- navy grain

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You think this is an exclusive makeup for Frans Boone?
Can't say. I can say that this is in my view the perfect Coniston and that while it seems a no-brainer that this -- or something like it -- should be easy to find, it definitely isn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads