• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience is that you can just call their London store, and give them the credit card details. They will than wrap the shoes and send them wherever you want.

I really wish Conistons have the matching soles, and not the brown ones. I really dislike when factories are trying too hard to combine 2 colors .. Black would be just fine, not the fancy brown+ brown laces .. Like they were trying too hard ..

Giannis

Reaction score
Thank you. Did you contact one of their stores, or did you use the contact form?

May I ask how long you had to wait for the shoes to arrive?
Yes you can use the contact form and choose to what department you wish you email to be sent. There are different products if you choose their french or uk site. (for example the french has some bespoke ''made in paris'' belts that take 8 weeks to be made).

As it appears the purchase was made for me from their burlington arcade store. They ship with Ups stantard. So you can expect normal ups times. (it usually takes 10 days for me, but I live in europe too)

They usually answer to emails right on the next day in the morning GMT hours.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
My experience is that you can just call their London store, and give them the credit card details. They will than wrap the shoes and send them wherever you want.

I really wish Conistons have the matching soles, and not the brown ones. I really dislike when factories are trying too hard to combine 2 colors .. Black would be just fine, not the fancy brown+ brown laces .. Like they were trying too hard ..

Trying too hard to make nice shoes? I don't mean this in a negative or disrespectful way at all (I know tone can often be lost when text is the form of communique), but I think that black would look much worse here. I think brown is the only color that would work so well. It lends to the somewhat casual nature of navy scotch grain.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying too hard to make nice shoes? I don't mean this in a negative or disrespectful way at all (I know tone can often be lost when text is the form of communique), but I think that black would look much worse here. I think brown is the only color that would work so well. It lends to the somewhat casual nature of navy scotch grain.
I don't know how you came up with a thought I am criticizing the CJ for not making the nice shoes .. I just expressed my opinion regarding this specific model which I indeed like, however, I think It would look better without the -IMO- boring blue-brown mix-match .. I would rather prefer the side soles to have a deep blue color, or just black.

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really wish Conistons have the matching soles, and not the brown ones......Black would be just fine, not the fancy brown+ brown laces .. Like they were trying too hard ..

I think that black would look much worse here. I think brown is the only color that would work so well. It lends to the somewhat casual nature of navy scotch grain.

Different strokes for different folks or there is no accounting for taste.

I personally, rather prefer the natural storm welt/sole edge on those blue boots to the standard (darkest) brown or black. In my opinion English shoemakers are frequently far too heavy on the edges; even uppers in the lightest tan get the heavy edge treatment.

It is very easy to stain that tan edge to dark or black, if that is what the buyer prefers. It will take a guy in the factory 10 minutes at the most to come up with dark edges. Equally any shoe repairer (who has a steady hand) can do it for you. But once the edges are dark or black, you cannot revert to a lighter shade.

So, lighter is the better option as that can always get turned dark (for the fuddy-duddies), but the reverse is not really an option.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I don't know how you came up with a thought I am criticizing the CJ for not making the nice shoes .. I just expressed my opinion regarding this specific model which I indeed like, however, I think It would look better without the -IMO- boring blue-brown mix-match .. I would rather prefer the side soles to have a deep blue color, or just black.

I was referring to your thoughts on that one specific model. Again, I meant nothing negative with that comment, and it was not an act of obloquy. Sorry if it was seen as that.

I can respect preferring black. Why would you prefer black? Do you prefer more dark/monochrome color patterns normally? I've never own navy shoes or boots, so my opinions on color matching should be taken with a grain of salt I guess. I can't say how well it would be worked into my wardrobe, as I like wearing jeans fairly often with my boots.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a pretty crappy sale this time around.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd do another of their 20% off anything sales soon. I grabbed a couple of pairs of C&Js when they did that a year and a half ago.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I was hoping they'd do another of their 20% off anything sales soon. I grabbed a couple of pairs of C&Js when they did that a year and a half ago.

Yeah, I picked up tetburys last year from them. It was on back order, but they still honoured the discount.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experience with Somerville sizing? I am trying to see if I can fit into a marked US 8.5D.

I am a Brannock 9D, Marlow wingtips/pennies US 8.5D, and Onslow (325 Last) UK 8E which is slightly long.

@Scurvyfreedman: I know you're a US 9D in the Somervilles, but Brannock and Hampton last 8.5D and UK 7.5 in the 348 last, which seems a bit weird to me.

@Gyasih @Namor @DpprDr

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
today

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Experience with Somerville sizing? I am trying to see if I can fit into a marked US 8.5D.

I am a Brannock 9D, Marlow wingtips/pennies US 8.5D, and Onslow (325 Last) UK 8E which is slightly long.

@Scurvyfreedman: I know you're a US 9D in the Somervilles, but Brannock and Hampton last 8.5D and UK 7.5 in the 348 last, which seems a bit weird to me.

@Gyasih @Namor @DpprDr

I am a half size larger in Somervilles than 348 last. I am not a full US11, but I wear 9.5EUK in 348 and 11US in Somerville.

I'm a US 7. My Somervilles are UK 6E (and I wear the same size in all of my C&J); however, C&J does run a little long for me though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics