1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Crat

Crat Senior member

I believe they are £4k

1 person likes this.
  2. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Glad they finally, finally, offered a Connaught in Dark Brown. That Chestnut was a disaster.

1 person likes this.
  3. DavidKong

DavidKong Well-Known Member

Anyone know how much is a pair of bench grade subs shoes priced in Northampton factory shop? Thanks

4. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

130 -180 typically

5. DavidKong

What about the benchgrade shoes which priced at around 400 pounds?(for example Lowndes)
    do they get marked down to 180 as well?

6. Cleav

130-180 is the range, typically for all they've got. Not been for a month or so but that's about it

7. DavidKong

Thank you for your information.

8. Cleav

youre welcome

9. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

I rather thought that may have been the case with stripping off the polish.
    You are actually the reason I got my Westbournes and I didn't know you were the one in the same for both pairs, goes to prove I love your work [​IMG]
    If I was going to settle for getting a dark to light fade on the toe cap would you still advise stripping them?

10. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

Thanks, your a brave man. I've used Saphir Teinture but on watch straps but not on shoes yet. I would be interested to see how they look after wearing. As mentioned, mine are creasing a bit, but expected. I will post some photos in a week or so as I've only worn then for three days. Very comfortable apart from a hard part on the shoe where the toes bends. They fit well and I expect that will go as they break in. I want to keep something of the burgundy so will persevere with cream and polish.

That's an amazing job you have done. Cheers

11. andermt

andermt Well-Known Member

Some can be over £200 but as Cleav says they are generally up to £180.

Think my Camberley's were about £200.

12. jtcedinburgh

jtcedinburgh Member

Hi folks, first post! Anyway, I have two pairs of C&Js so far - a pair of Islays (last 365) in a 9 (on the advice of the London store in which I bought them) and a pair of Highbury's (last 348) in a 9.5. Both fit well, although the Islays are still a little new and tight.

What I am wondering is where I might fit on the Grasmere (last 325). I have a chance of a pair of well-maintained size 9s (broken in nicely), and I am wondering if they might be closer in fit to the Islays or the Highbury's. I can't easily try a pair on first, due to location. If I buy them, and they're too tight, I daresay I might be able to sell them on again, but I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

13. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Buy with confidence. I'm a size UK 9 in all CJ lasts ..

14. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The factory shop is only open on Friday and Saturday. I'm passing through tomorrow and would love to stop by. What a pain!

15. Tuur

Tuur Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I'm a 7,5UK in the elongated C&J-lasts like the 348 and I had to go up half a size for my Coniston's on the 325 last. The 325 last is not elongated so it's possible you should size up half a size. But if I understand you correctly you would size down half a size? Make sure the Grasmere's are good in lenght then.

16. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Whiskey shell Harvards to kick off the week
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

Whiskey shells look great. I was actually just looking at the exact pair in the
    Ben Silver catalog, amazing they are available, but not cheap!

18. Stemo79

Stemo79 Senior member

CJ's E is their standard width fitting.

19. DavidKong

Hi there
    For people who own both the 363(lonsdale etc)and 348 last(lowndes, edgware etc) , do you take the same size for both? (Standard width)
    Is 348 narrower than 363?

All comments welcome.
    Thanks

20. Tuur

Tuur Well-Known Member

Hi

If the 348-last fits you, then take the same size in the 363-last. The 363-last is elongated like the 348-last so lenghtwise probably the same. In my experience, the 348-last is narrower then the 363-last. So if 363-last fits you, you should probably want to try on a 348-lasted shoe first.

I have a pair of Westbournes in the 348-last in UK7,5 and it's too snug for me. I also have a Millbank Chukka in the 363-last (UK7,5). The Millbank also fits snug but not too snug, and definitely less snug then the 348. Mind that the Westbourne is an Oxford with a toe cap, whille the millbank is a derby style shoe without toe cap. These things also have an impact on fit. So, as always, you should be careful with comparing lasts. Not only the last will be decisive for the fit.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015