• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Regarding shoe trees for the 348 last, I think I'm going to use some Kent Wang shoe trees on the Tetbury if I end up keeping them. I have a couple of pairs of the Kent Wang trees in some G&G's and I'm happy with how they fit. The C&J 348 last doesn't look any sleeker than G&G lasts.

90shilling

Reaction score
Perhaps I can also ask: has anyone used woodlore trees with the 348 last with no ill effects?

I have used Woodlore trees on my Merton loafers (348 last) for the last six months with no ill effects. If there were any stretching going on, I would presume it would be immediately noticeable with loafers.

Not sure how different it would be with a 348 last boot.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have used Woodlore trees on my Merton loafers (348 last) for the last six months with no ill effects. If there were any stretching going on, I would presume it would be immediately noticeable with loafers.

Not sure how different it would be with a 348 last boot.

Thanks for that.

What I noticed when slipping them into a pair of Highburys was that the tree expanded the toe box area a bit. This will happen for most shoes in some way, but seemed slightly more substantial for the 348 given a sleeker toe box. I'm using the woodlore's without the knob.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown Tetburys arrived today. Good news is they are a great dark brown color. Bad news is I think the sizing conversion is off. I think mine are actually US = UK +.5 not +1, unless mine are just mis-marked. I ordered a US10 but they are definitely longer than my other 348 last shoes which are all UK9. The sole of my UK9s measure about 12 3/8" and the US10 boot measures 12 3/4" which is substantially longer. Some of that might be Dainite vs leather but if I put a boot on one foot, a Westbourne on the other and stand with my heels to the wall, the boot is definitely longer by over 1/4".

On some shoes this might not really matter, but the 348 is so long that it looks too strange to my eye. I went ahead and ordered a US9.5 before they sell out. I'm gonna return the US10 tomorrow which I think is really a UK9.5. Since the US10s are sold out, if someone wants it at cost, just PM me. Otherwise I'll return it tomorrow so it should show up in inventory in a few days.

90shilling

Reaction score
Brown Tetburys arrived today. Good news is they are a great dark brown color. Bad news is I think the sizing conversion is off. I think mine are actually US = UK +.5 not +1, unless mine are just mis-marked. I ordered a US10 but they are definitely longer than my other 348 last shoes which are all UK9. The sole of my UK9s measure about 12 3/8" and the US10 boot measures 12 3/4" which is substantially longer. Some of that might be Dainite vs leather but if I put a boot on one foot, a Westbourne on the other and stand with my heels to the wall, the boot is definitely longer by over 1/4".

On some shoes this might not really matter, but the 348 is so long that it looks too strange to my eye. I went ahead and ordered a US9.5 before they sell out. I'm gonna return the US10 tomorrow which I think is really a UK9.5. Since the US10s are sold out, if someone wants it at cost, just PM me. Otherwise I'll return it tomorrow so it should show up in inventory in a few days.

Super helpful, thanks! I was worried about that happening...

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Would you say that the US10s you got fits but doesn't look right? Or do they flat out fit too large?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you say that the US10s you got fits but doesn't look right? Or do they flat out fit too large?

Too large. Just slightly too large, but with the length of the 348 they are definitely too big. I'm curious if others find their pairs large too.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the 348 last you need to size down 1.5 sizes from your US size.

For example, if you wear a US12D....then in the C&J 348 you need a UK10.5E.

and so forth and so on...

This has been my general experience with the 348...it fits very large and is very long.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the 348 last you need to size down 1.5 sizes from your US size.

For example, if you wear a US12D....then in the C&J 348 you need a UK10.5E.

and so forth and so on...

This has been my general experience with the 348...it fits very large and is very long.

My experience has been only 1 full size down.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of these today. New to me Onslow in burgundy shell. They are sized as UK8E but feel a little longer and wider than my US 8.5D Marlow wingtips. Both are supposed to be on the 325 last.

ypegaret.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LeSacre

Reaction score
I've been so busy lately I'm a bit behind on posting these, but here's my latest C&J purchase. Apropos as they are on the 348:

aglose

Reaction score
Well from the size and a half downsizing, there might be a pair of 8uk Tetbury going back to Barneys, soul's ordered the 7.5uks. I will find out Wednesday when they arrive.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back @CTBrummie
I've been fishing in my Snowdons for the last 2 days, sure you'l approve : )
Wearing them 18+ hrs a day for 2 days in a row was a bit much though as I hadn't broken them in properly yet.

-edit-
Full bellows tongue would have been helpful.
nod[1].gif

zYQAUfa.jpg
Beautiful pictures ... I would not be in the place of those boots =) ... 18 hours in two days in those conditions did you put to the test.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any sizing information written on the box or inside the shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads