1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

I was really impressed. Before and after photos, sorry about the quality but not around at the moment to show how good the fix is. In fact it looks really good almost like a custom made boot with identical strips around both boots that match the leather, plus new lining which they didn't need to do.

As you can see one boot gave something a happy meal, the other wasn't as bad but they did both so they would not look odd. A+++++++++, I can't imagine many shoe companies would do that free. Maybe a good idea for a new thread? Cheers.

[​IMG]

The lining looks a bit rough but this was taken when I got them back and has now rounded off nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

That's fabulous @naesuk thanks for posting and well done them :slayer:

3. BingoLiddle

BingoLiddle Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Cleav

Very kind of you Bingo, thanks for the nod.

I too, though shamelessly, encourage everyone drops by. Any PM for goods will be sorted anonymously as will any kind donations

Thanks again Bingo :fistbump:

5. scottf

scottf New Member

@Naesuk - Congrats on your Conistons! Nice pic's.

I also bought some Conistons this week. Strangely, I am 1.5 sizes down from my US size with these. I learned this from buying some C&J Lullworth suede saddle shoes recently which are also from the 325 last. The deep tan or butterscotch color is richer looking than any of the web photos I've seen. To me, the color is much more versatile than I expected. I have worn these with khakis, navy and olive/brown slacks and they look great with all three. I can also tell the break-in period will be minimal on these. I find that the key to comfort is to tie the laces loosely at the top to allow ankle flex. I also use a straight across lacing up to the hooks which reduces instep pressure.

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

What do you brannock and what size did you purchase scott? I am emailing robertuk may pull the trigger soon.

7. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Does anyone know of any place I can find a Dark Brown Coniston such as this one from Frans Boone? Looking for size UK9/US10D
    [​IMG]

8. Arnobuyens

Arnobuyens Well-Known Member

the dumpster at the kingsman set? [​IMG]

9. LaBotte

LaBotte New Member

Dear leto3, we are glad to inform you we’ve taken your comment into account, and so we’ve ordered a new line of Coniston shoes. We sincerely hope you would find what you were looking for. Looking forward to your next visit. Customer service team La Botte Chantilly.

10. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Why don't you contact Frans Boone? I believe that the brown Coniston is part of their standard stock. If they don't have your size right now they should in the near future.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  11. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

@Arnobuyens The Kingsman boots are not the color I'm looking for. [​IMG]

@mxgreen I reached out to them with no response. I guess I'll watch the site for a restock.

12. Arnobuyens

Those are the GC boots from mrporter, correct? The boots in the movie are darker, I heard they were MTO

13. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Correct. A look at the actual boots from the movie shows a boot that is darker than the Mr. Porter iteration, but still not as dark as the FB version. This version looks closer to the stock tan country grain Coniston that is widely available. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  14. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Is that a Snowdon left to the Coniston on the photo?

15. Arnobuyens

That's a womans shoe, so I'm guessing no

16. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

The other day I got my Islays back from C&J after fixing a sky hook, and they arrived in perfect condition but without the dust bags I sent them in... Today I had the dust bags in my mailbox, without even asking for them. Probably the lady I sent the boots to realized that they were left there. Either that or someone at C&J reads this thread. :)

Anyway, great customer service.

17. Cleav

Awsm :nodding:

18. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

Just broke down and bought the dark brown Coniston from Frans Boone. Was too good a deal to pass up.

19. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

I like those FB dark brown Connistons but already own a pair of Islays in the same color. What other colors are the Connistons available in?

20. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

I thought he's sold out with the sizes by now?