• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Well thank you, kind Sirs! I will see if I can snap some up close photos of them. Wearing them during spring I realise how awesome a pair in whiskey shell would be. Next time there's enough whiskey shell for a GMTO I hope we can have a run with leather soles and preferably regular welt. Would look so sleek and sexy :drool:
Also, the Skye wouldn't look the least ugly in whiskey, to say the least...

You are just now realizing this???? :facepalm:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha no, not really. But the dainite sole of the latest GMTO was really a deal breaker for me, so I started wondering if they would justify a space in my rotation at all (having just placed a MTO of an EG boot in edwardian). But no doubt, I have to have whiskey shell in my life at some point...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Haha no, not really. But the dainite sole of the latest GMTO was really a deal breaker for me, so I started wondering if they would justify a space in my rotation at all (having just placed a MTO of an EG boot in edwardian). But no doubt, I have to have whiskey shell in my life at some point...

I passed up the recent Harlech batch to go with something from EG as well. I have a whiskey LWB so I have a little whiskey.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Millbanks today

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of having these C&J Lingfield Chelsea (348 last) sent to a shoe painter to be re-finished as I am not a huge fan of the way the chestnut color came out on these boots.

I am thinking of having them done in a forest green patina....thoughts???

Somatic

Reaction score
Got my first pair of leather sole boots, but I'm a bit concerned with some peeling occurring near the toe. The degree to which it occurs really varies. It kinda builds up and then I try to trim it off with my fingernails. I'm hoping it's because they're so new that eventually it'll wear down to the perfect amount where it won't occur anymore.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Got my first pair of leather sole boots, but I'm a bit concerned with some peeling occurring near the toe. The degree to which it occurs really varies. It kinda builds up and then I try to trim it off with my fingernails. I'm hoping it's because they're so new that eventually it'll wear down to the perfect amount where it won't occur anymore.
Totally normal.
This ^ Somatic, do not concern yourself, you should expect this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads