• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crockett & Jones boots made in 1944. Planning to resole in 2044.
Absolutely amazing! Please give us a bit more information on their history. Are you the 1st owner, or were they you fathers, grandfathers or none of the above? Don't mean to be nosy, we just don't often see 70 year old boots in action on here.. :slayer: :worship:

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day with the Pembrokes. Like others have said, comfortable straight out of the box.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

Absolutely amazing! Please give us a bit more information on their history. Are you the 1st owner, or were they you fathers, grandfathers or none of the above? Don't mean to be nosy, we just don't often see 70 year old boots in action on here..

:slayer: :worship:
Not only all that but they look to be in pristine shape. Really amazing and inspiring.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those are ******* badass...

I wonder if they could do that on an MTO...

... i doubt C&J could resole that pair to its original form

Last edited:

B-Rogue

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you heard that but it is simply not true...

I've had my shoes repaired by B. Nelson's in NYC (the same shoe repair that C&J NYC uses for minor things...) and also had the same shoes sent back to C&J northhampton for re-sole...

Seconded. I had a similar issue with a pair of Galways and Edward Green suggested doing it myself or taking it to a local cobbler to fix as it was so minor.

I must have misread the information somewhere by the sounds of it. I did call Burlington Arcade shop and the manager was very kind and asked me to post the shoes there and C&J will fix the issue and send them back to me. However considering that the issue is so minor and that it's only the glue that has come apart (the stitching is untouched) would it be better for me to fix the issue myself using a bit of Shoe Goo or some other recommended glue? Or should I not mess at all and send the shoes to C&J?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ im unaware of the genesis of those posts but if the problem has to do with a channeled coming undone then yes, do it yourself with glue. its not worth the trouble of sending them away and waiting.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its not a channeled sole Namor..

i wouldn't glue it yourself...

if you send it to C&J in the burlington arcade they may very well send it to a shoe repair near them that they trust.

I would:

A.) Take it to a good shoe repair that you trust and that you know is good

B.) Ship it to the store and let them deal with it...

Either should result in a good fix..

It will probably cost you $10.00 to fix it at a shoe repair...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

LL
Crockett & Jones boots made in 1944. Planning to resole in 2044.
So those bad boys raise the question as to whether C&J will do a triple sole today. Scotch grain Coniston on triple sole seems like a group MTO candidate. I know AS will do a triple. Or they have done very recently.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scotch grain Conniston on commando??!! I'd rather strap bricks on my feet than triple leather sole...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads