1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. s-works

s-works New Member

Just went through this myself and I am the exact same size as you. You are a 10UK. I have 3 pairs of 325 lasted shoes, including the Conniston and it is a little roomier than the others. Thicker socks and tongue pads are the answer if you are a D.

1 person likes this.
  2. glyoung

glyoung Member

I'm a 10E on the brannock, would you say that a 10D Conniston is roomy enough for me? It seems that most sizing advice was to size down 1/2 a size, so normally if I was a 10D, I would have gone down to a 9.5D Conniston.

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

@patrick_b, I agree. I would go with a 10E UK to be safe. Having said that, I went a full size down from my normal US size for both my Harlechs and Coniston. The 341 last is pointier so the Harlechs are perfect. The Conistons with rounder 325 toe, are roomier so I might have been able to go down a half size further. But I just wear thicker socks.

1 person likes this.
  4. bustert

bustert Senior member

I am a U.S. 12D on a brannock and take 11.5 D in Barrie (although that is a touch loose). I got my Coniston's from BSA, and UK 10.5 E is a great fit. I'd go 10E if I were you. If they don't fit you can send them back and swap out for a different size. The folks at BSA were very kind with me when I needed to do so with my Conistons. I first ordered 10E and the were too tight. Hope that helps!

1 person likes this.
  5. bustert

bustert Senior member

Where did you get your Harlechs? I recently called the C&J store in NYC - they wanted $1100 for them. Too rich for my blood. Anywhere else I can get them for better price?

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I got one pair from the C&J store when I was in London. The other was a GMTO organized by Hoit.

If you want the stock brown shell, you can call or email one of the c&j stores on Jermyn st and they'll ship to you excluding vat. Prices have gone up since I got mine but I paid less than $800 for the brown ones, plus about $40 shipping.

7. bustert

bustert Senior member

Thanks much!

8. s-works

s-works New Member

If you're a 10E on the brannock, that is a US size. I'd go 9Uk fitting G but the E may work as well, depends on how you want them to fit. I'm loving the extra room of the 325 and I'm a C/D with a low instep. I really dont feel its as generous as everyone says but I guess it depends on what you're comparing the fit to.

9. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

glyoung. The pictures of the Navy Coniston boots I posted awhile back are U.S. size 11D, U.K. size 10 and they fit my size 11 foot perfectly...Some dimensions of my feet: 11" tip of big toe to heel. 41/8" wide at ball of feet and about 2 3/4" wide at the heel...Hope that helps!

10. glyoung

glyoung Member

Thanks guys. I normally would get a wide fitting, but I was hoping to cop a pair from bsaltd or ebay for relatively cheap, and they only have D sizes. Thinking I can just go 1/2 size up to make sure I'm not getting my toes crushed.

11. dijor

dijor Senior member

anybody have the cheviot II woud like to see it on foot. thx.

12. greasymonkey

greasymonkey Senior member

All cheviot longwings are still in the factory; just got a confirmation from Jermyn Street flagship store.

13. dijor

dijor Senior member

thx man! You are going to buy one i hope you will post a pic.

14. greasymonkey

greasymonkey Senior member

Still debating as the Carmina Longwing is also a contender and its in brown which is my first preference.

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Thanks for the help gents. Much appreciated.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

17. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Still debating as the Carmina  Longwing is also a contender and its in brown which is my first preference.
    [/quote
    Are you sure? I heard Burgundy ... Thanks..

18. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Decided to spice up my black Alex wholecuts. I havent used these for over a year, since black is too boring for me.
    I've just applied some neutral cream to seal the color and now they need to sit for a day, so there's no wax on these....yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Jermyn Street are full of shit then, ha. The Birmingham shop has them in already.

Skye 4 is lovely, by the way. Pics tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

this is awesome. did i miss something? was there a step before applying the cream? the toe looks purple similar to gg bleached toe. very, very nice