** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Looking good dude

Good to see Jo getting the plaudits for years of exceptional shoe service on Colmore Row too

2. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

Before you do an MTO, you may want to track down the Cowdray 2 on the 358 last:

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/cowdray-2-darkbrown
    http://www.upper-shoes.com/chaussures-luxe-hommes-crockett-and-jones/4884,196-cowdray.html

I believe the original (and sadly discontinued) Cowdray was made on the 337 last.

3. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Not so easy unless I'm in Paris and they happen to have my size...and I was thinking a burgundy would be nice

4. S K M

S K M Senior member

They sure are my favorite and most versatile boot so far!

5. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

To the experts from C&J if anyone can shed some light? I would like to know if the 325 last comes in a E and F fitting? The reason I ask this question is that I have a pair of boots on the 325 last which fit quite differently compared to the brogues I have on the same last? the boots come up about half a size bigger then the brogues? Both are fine for me I love them both, with the boots I wear thick socks and the shoes are just perfect with normal dress socks! I have the EG Galway boots both same size on the 64 last but one is on the 64F and the other on the 64E and they both fit differently also hence I was just curious. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CharlesQ

CharlesQ Active Member

Farhad, could you measure them for a comparison? Tracing around the outersole on both might show up the differences? In terms of the fit, do you find there is more space in the toebox, and/or instep with the boots?

7. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Thank you Charles, I certainly will measure the inside and outside on both when I get home today, the feel and grip on the feet is completely different on the boots and shoes? that is in the toe, heel and ankle area! If I wear normal dress socks with the boots my feet are swimming!LOL, not that bad but the boots do feel considerably bigger.

8. CharlesQ

CharlesQ Active Member

I would probably suspect that C&J do make the boots slightly larger to size even though they are in the same last, so they can be worn with thicker socks than the shoes (I know Cheaney state they do this for their boots in the same lasts as the shoes on their website).

I have a pair of Pembrokes in the 325 8E UK and they fit very snuggly, with medium thick socks they can be a slight tight in the toebox for me at the end of the day when I have been wearing them all day - although with thin dress socks they fir perfectly (I have quite wide toes yet I narrow at the ankles). The 325 is quite a roomy last compared to the 348 and others I tried at the time of purchase in the shop (I was thinking of getting a pair of exmoor in the 348 - which I would be a 8.5E in instead). I would think that the boots are designed to be slightly looser to allow for very thick country socks to be worn with them?

Can you please trace them on a single piece of paper around the outer sole of both, in different colour pens, and measure these outlines, it will be interesting to see the differences in size.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

9. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

[​IMG]

love em.

10. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

In my experience, 325 lasted shoes fit shorter/tighter overall than 325 lasted boots (same size).

12. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Quick questions regarding the Coniston for current owners. I've read that the leather on this particular model is 'flimsy' and light. Can anyone care to chime in on that?

Also, I'm looking to use this boot for a spring/fall type of boot since the Toronto winters would probably be too harsh. Would this feasible?

Finally, I'd probably be wearing it with chinos and denim. I've scoured Google Images for fit pics of Conistons + denim but nothing comes up. Would this particular combo work?

ps - Is Namor wearing Conistons in his fit pic above?

13. Carson

Carson Senior member

Have you considered the C&J Islay? I just received my from London this morning. They're lovely and handsomely rugged as well…good enough for James Bond in Scotland, at least...

14. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Well, the Islay is gorgeous but I'm looking for a cap toe instead.

15. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Did the sizing work out for you? If I recall you were going down half a size from your Barrie size? I'm off to Paris next week so hope the C&J store still has one in my size.