** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Those are hilarious!

2. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Send those to Sochi... might relieve Plushenko's pain.

3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

4. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

C&J Lingfield - Made Exclusively for Barneys NYC - 348 Last - Burnished Chestnut Calf

These were the ones of the barneys warehouse sale. just arrived today. for the price they were definitely a good deal.

I have to say I am rather impressed by these chelseas and might have an MTO of them done in the future. I definitely prefer the chelsea on the 348 last than any of C&J's other chelsea lasts which I find to just not be that stylish. The chestnut is a little too "orangish" for my jeans I think. Might have to muck them up a bit in this crappy weather :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Damnit another us12 foot.

6. CharlesQ

CharlesQ Active Member

Pembroke in burgundy calf. On my wishlist!

[​IMG]

7. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Pickering boot, made for Purdey. Loving the crimped storm welt, the half-bellows tongue and also the colour - this is, I think, C&J's 'beige country calf' which sounds really insipid but is fantastic IMHO. Everyone who knows me knows that I wear ok shoes and boots, but these got a lot of attention both at work and play last week. Comparison below with my Conistons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Thank you for sharing, beautiful colour boots , I prefer the boots made for Purdey, they are superb, love the way the welt is done! Are they the same size ? The Pickering look slightly bigger? I also like the extra height on the boot.

I was at the Purdey shop on Thursday but did not see anything similar to these

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014

9. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

They're beautiful, aren't they, Farhad? And very astute - both pairs of boots are marked 9.5 E but the Purdey boot is definitely roomier...might even need to think about an insole...

10. S K M

S K M Senior member

Beautiful, Brummie! I certainly agree that the colour is much more interesting than the Corniston (not to say that I don't like that one, of course)...

11. embromides

embromides Member

Pickering boot, made for Purdey. Loving the crimped storm welt, the half-bellows tongue and also the colour - this is, I think, C&J's 'beige country calf' which sounds really insipid but is fantastic IMHO Yes, a beautiful shade. Great shine on the toecaps! This it seems to me to be the shade of beige leather which was used on the Coniston when I bought my Conistons in 2003. A light butterscotch is how I would describe it. I asked about the difference between mine and current colour of Conistons in the Birmingham shop. The very knowledgeable elderly assistant ( she had owned the shop before C&J took it over) told me they could not now obtain sufficient numbers of good quality skins to supply the boots in the lighter shade. I treasure my old Conistons, which,heavily used, are almost as good as new.

12. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

You mean the delectable Jo Heath, of course! She waxed lyrical over the boots yesterday when she saw then.

And she does believe that leather today is nowhere near the same quality as that used by decent bootmakers back in the day...

13. S K M

S K M Senior member

IMHO heavily used boots are not "almost" as good a new boots but much better. At least that goes for my Harlechs and Islays...

14. embromides

embromides Member

Yes, she is a most engaging lady. Always shows interest and enthusiasm in her customer's footwear, even it is is not C&J.

SKM: Well corrected..... What I should have said was that they have stood the test of time. Quality will out. And isn't the Harlech the most elegant boot!

15. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

She was very impressed with some pics of a pair of G&Gs she been shown by a customer during the week. And she loves EG too...

Bonus pic taken inside the shop yesterday with the Pickering boots on

[​IMG]