1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

Picked up this pair of C&J shoes today. Can anybody tell me what model and how old they are? Any help appreciated. Many Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

3. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Half size down. But I could see TTS working. Half size down is a little tight but I can see it breaking in nicely.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  4. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Just received my conistons. I didn't think I would ever like blue shoes this much. The more I look at them, the more I'm liking them. My girlfriend says she likes these the most out of all my recent shoe purchases.

1 person likes this.
  5. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pics? How was sizing?

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Did anyone else get their "Two Eye Chukkas" today? Was your experience with sizing the same as mine (post 7086) or TTS? BTW, I sent those US10s back so even though they are sold out now, that should be back in inventory soon if someone wants 'em.

7. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

The conistons I ordered won't be delivered until Tuesday, when they were shipped to jersey city from lyndhurst- a distance of <10miles... I think I can see the Barney's distribution warehouse from my office windows

8. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

The shoes I can not go back to age. But I can say what I think. I really like them.

1 person likes this.
  9. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

^Thanks again @Gianni Cerutti Unfortunately they are far to small for me.

10. Crat

Crat Senior member

Fishing with @@westendcloser

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    4 people like this.
  11. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

Does anyone here have any real life pictures of the mid blue Newquays? Would really appreciate if you could post them here. :)

12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Sorry can't help with pics but a friend of mine bought a pair last summer.

They looked great in the flesh to be honest. He teams em up with light grey chinos and cream flannel

Looks pretty sweet!

13. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really like them. I went with the same size I would take in the Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips, which is half size down. I take half size down for both the 325 and Alden barrie. I plan on wearing them with light or medium weight socks during rain seasons. If I were to wear thicker socks I would have gone TTS because they fit nice and snug with light socks. I definitely recommend these. They are a bit different and would work really well with casual attire. The color is a little off, but those are brown laces which gives it a nice contrast. Not really versatile but I can see them being very fun shoes.

4 people like this.
  14. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

That sounds awesome! [​IMG]

Does anyone else happen to own a pair and have the possibility to upload a quick picture?

I'm actually deciding between these and the C&J Cavendish tassel loafer. Not sure which one to get. Looking at my shoe rotation, I already own three pair of loafers and two pair of suede derbies. Altough, none of them are blue or with three eyelets; nor are any of them tassel loafers. Hard choice, although it feels like I'm leening towards the Newquays right now...

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:slayer:

16. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I've had my eye on the Navy Conniston's ever since they released them...

Seeing the navy grain up close in person was the inspiration for my MTO Tetbury Monk Boot in navy grain...

Navy grain rules...especially casually with jeans [​IMG]

17. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Found a pair of Connaughts, made for Hilfiger, 236 last. Can anyone tell me if this is US or UK sizing? The 'D' is throwing me off.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

18. SW1Y

SW1Y Well-Known Member

The "D" refers to the width fitting of the shoe... Both the UK and the US have a "D" fitting if I'm not mistaken. However, I think the Connaught currently only comes in E and F fitting in the UK, so I'm suspecting this is a US shoe.

If you want to be sure just measure the shoe? :)

19. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Thanks! Yeah, I knew the D referred to the width, but I didn't think UK made shoes come in D width. Hence my question.

I can measure the shoes but I'm not sure if there's a a chart that will let me judge the size based off that.

20. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

C&J makes some of the Peal & Co. shoes for Brooks Brothers and they offer US C width... I have the black captoe (240 last, a BB exclusive that's similar to 236) and u-throat (341 last). So C&J does offer a variety of widths at least for their rebranded shoes.