• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Sorry, what is P&P? And if I order from their UK store, they'll deduct the VAT, making it cheaper than ordering from their USA store, right?

Shipping?

Yes they will deduct VAT. They will be 500GBP(for cordovan) + 40GBP shipping.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is correct. 500GBP (cordovan) if you are in the US and 40GBP shipping. 5GBP shipping for each aditional pair.

tifosi, were you able to connect with Will Powell or someone at one of the Jermyn St stores? Will you be able to order from them directly?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

tifosi, were you able to connect with Will Powell or someone at one of the Jermyn St stores?  Will you be able to order from them directly?

Hey Boot. I emailed the 69 Jermyn store and got a response with pricing and said they could have them to me by Christmas. Have not pulled the trigger as of yet...

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the Barneys x C&J Conistons that I got on sale recently. I've decided to keep them even though they look similar enough to my Harlechs that my wife will think they're the same boots. Heck, one is calf and one is shell. One is on the 325-last and one is on the 341-last. From a frontal view, the 325 last reminds me a bit of how Alden's Grant last looks. The calf is simply gorgeous on these. For the price, I could not get myself to return them.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Those are beauties, boot. They do resemble the Grant last.

jssdc

Reaction score

What color of polish cream/wax are you using on C&J chesnut shoes? Medium brown or neutral?

Neither. I use Hermes rouge and dark brown cream (occasionally mahogany but it's a bit too orange for my tastes), and dark brown wax. I also tend to put a bit of black on the toe cap for effect.

Just wore my chestnut Selbornes today in fact.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Nothing feels as good as getting a really good deal. Well, almost nothing...

Alright, you've got me curious now on how good the deal was. What did they end up going for during the recent sale? Great boots, by the way.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bootspell. Very nice indeed
nod[1].gif

Thank you, kind sir.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, you've got me curious now on how good the deal was. What did they end up going for during the recent sale? Great boots, by the way.

I got the Conistons for $399; Barneys' usual price was $680. I checked prices at say, Pediwear, and they list for £395 there, which includes VAT. So Brits would pay about $670, at today's high exchange rates. I could have ordered from Pediwear for a price of £329 (excluding VAT), which works out to around $560. Then you add on about $40 shipping for a total of about $600. And hoping no customs fees come your way. So I think it was a pretty good deal.

One thing though, the standard Coniston in brown is a Scotch Grain. This was a makeup for Barneys in dark brown calf.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Better daylight pics to follow, but these are the Snowdon in rough-out that I had made for me. 228 last, veldtschoen, Ridgeway sole, part-lined in navy calf:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads