** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

They look as good here as the other place I saw them.

Sorry to hear about the one shoe being cut.

Have you contacted the vendor that sold them to you yet?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Last comparison. Left to right. Marlow PTB last? Marlow Wingtip 325, C&J for BB boot 240, C&J Ashdown 341. 325 is straight lasted and very roomy in the toes. 240 is straight lasted as well but with a much more narrower toe box. 341 is curved lasted and narrow, good fit for my low volume thin feet. [ATTACHMENT=7464]image.jpg (1,268k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

4. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Oops.. Front view..[ATTACHMENT=7465]image.jpg (1,081k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

5. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Chipshot, thanks for posting the pics of what I would consider a proper wardrobe of mens everyday footwear. I've got basically the same line-up except that my boots and my other PTB are Alden's. One could argue the point that all you need is a shoe in basic black to round out the rotation. For a black dress shoe I prefer calfskin over shell cordovan on a single leather sole. I think black calfskin compliments, and looks better, when worn with a quality wool suit (super 130's or above), and when wearing cashmeres and silks, as would be the case when the occasion requires formal dress. To me the shine one can get on calfskin looks softer and less glaring than shell. What do you think of a whoke-cut four eyelet shoe like the C&J Alex for basic black shoe, too dressy? Of the four C&J cordovan shoes you posted which do you wear most often?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Thanks Bespiff ... can't do it .. It would be like picking a favorite child .. They each have there place dear to me:) lol
    I wear my black shell LHS quite a bit. In fact .. I'd like to see a shell penny forum added as I do wear a ton of loafers in the summer. :embar:

7. wurger

wurger Senior member

Chipshot, great wardrobe, but do you know that you can post photos direct onto your post, no need to attach a file, which is easier to read.

8. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Hey guys,
    do C&J benchgrades have full leather insoles? It does not appear that way from what I can see. I think the insole on my merton and hallams is leatherboard.

If so, somewhat disappointing.

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

No they don't, but why is that disappointing?

10. Alan K C

Alan K C Well-Known Member

No, I did not bring it up to the CJ boutique. I did mention her shoes came missing the extra set of different shoe laces when I went in for some CJ trees & wax today... But it is ok. She loves them. And she saw the new Zena Navy boots they have in their new catalog...

11. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

Crockett Como's anyone?
    BNIB
    Bracken Calf Driving shoes.
    10.5 UK

12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

13. MorningStar33

MorningStar33 New Member

Hello Gentlemen,

This being my first post on these forums I feel I must apologise that I did not manage to get through reading this whole thread so please forgive me if this question has already been covered.

I am on the verge of purchasing my first pair of C&J shoes, but I have a slight predicament in that I live in New Zealand and there is a noted lack of quality shoes here. I'm happy enough to order the C&Js online, but I am concerned about getting the right fit. I managed to find a local store that stocks Barker shoes and the 'Arnold' (69 last) fit me perfectly in size 9.5 G. I was hoping to buy the C&J 'Radstock' in black on the 341 last - do you think they would also fit as well in 9.5 G? Is the instep and arch comparable? I know this is a longshot and thanks in advance for any feedback.

-MorningStar

14. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Those are some of the richest and best looking LWB's I've ever seen. I like the quality of C&J's workmanship so much that I might forgo going to Budapest to get handmade shoes if I could get a pair of these. Only problems are that they're only made for little feet and they cost over a thousand dollars.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013