• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah tts in van too, atleast in the unlined version

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheap Handgrades: Was anyone else aware of this?

Peter Johntston sells their handgrades for up to £50 cheaper than other retailers.

http://www.peter-johnston.co.uk/footwear/crockett-jones

Example: the Lonsdale is £30 cheaper at PJ than pediwear, and £50 cheaper than Bodileys.

They also deduct VAT and offer similar shipping prices.

Just to follow up on this, shipping is over £10 cheaper than C&J when ordering from Peter Johnston (both Royal Mail). So unless someone can correct me, the cheapest new handgrades can be found at PJ. Unless you visit the C&J location that sells seconds.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. They say there might be some lead time after the order is placed due to high demand. That said, I don't mind waiting a few extra weeks to $70+.

Out of curiosity, what's the typical price retailers pay for C&J shoes? i.e. what % of the full retail price is the wholesale cost? I notice for benchgrades the pricing is pretty uniform across retailers.

Last edited:

philweezer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Opinion, I'm looking to pick up a chukka. I was thinking either Brecon/Chepstow or Church's Ryder 3. I know they are different style but I can't decide, any thoughts?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah tts in van too, atleast in the unlined version
u size down 1/2 on the lined since it runs a little large? Thanks for posting the Whiskeys Harvards Namor. Did you replace? Nice Summer Fall shoe colour for sure. I look in the closet .. aside from the two pairs of Whiskeys I own, everything else is very dark. She says, oh another pair of brown shoes... so very exciting.. lol

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like BB just added the jodhpur again
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...ar_MH00363_Color=LTBR&contentpos=13&cgid=0522

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to purchase C&J wax shoe polish for a pair Selbourne Chestnut Antique Calf?

ejay1

Reaction score
Hello gents, thrifted these C&J for Barney's over labor day. Can anyone I.D.? I've tried googling the numbers writtien inside with no result.

And is there a term for the type of lace eyelets?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads