• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Pastor

Reaction score

What's the consensus on C&J for J Crew shoes? Same quality, or lower standard? And do they ever go on sale?

When I was in J Crew in NYC a few weeks ago the C&J shoes they had were not rebranded as J Crew. I'm not a C&J expert but I would think they were of the same quality. I do wish they sold them online as it would be another good place to get C&J shoes in the U.S.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the consensus on C&J for J Crew shoes? Same quality, or lower standard? And do they ever go on sale?

Consensus appears to be that they are of the caliber of the old premier line, significantly below the Exclusive* level.

*oops. Thought I was in the AS thread. Those are definitely below. Don't know about CJ.

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Audley black in action

Very nice looking shoes sir.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fresh in... C&Js... I love this brand. The quality is unreal and the comfort factor 10/10. I can't fault their products. I even think the price is fair for what you get in terms of quality and product longevity.

Drummond

Hallam

Looking good.

That watch looks fabulous.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

green garden

Reaction score
fresh in... C&Js... I love this brand. The quality is unreal and the comfort factor 10/10. I can't fault their products. I even think the price is fair for what you get in terms of quality and product longevity.

Drummond

Hallam

Do they have a deal on the watch too?
rotflmao.gif
Great looking pair.
cheers.gif

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay. .. Harvard and Boston pics please ... Something different by C&J ... Tassel ... Anything but another Oxford .. Non Office Shoe once in a while? :nodding: BTW the above is a sick shoe....

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay. .. Harvard and Boston pics please ... Something different by C&J ... Tassel ... Anything but another Oxford .. Non Office Shoe once in a while? :nodding: BTW the above is a sick shoe....

I tried on some tetburys in NYC a while back and loved the sleek style of the boot. But I also noticed that RL offers a black leather ankle boot from C&J that looks similar to the tetbury with some small differences.

Does anybody have experience with the RL boot? Same last/leather as the tetbury? The stitching patterns are a little different between the two models.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Is there any evidence that these particular shoe trees are made on the 337 last? I have contacted CJ but havent received a reply yet.

Jim Profit

Reaction score
I got this mail from Crockett and Jones.

"The trees are actual based on our 337 last with the slightly more elongated toe shape and are made by our actual Last makers, so they are a very good fit for our 337,358 and 348 lasts in our collection.

Our regular shoe tree was based on our old 330 last, which we used for all our Hand grade collection before we had 4-5 different lasts in the Hand grade."

CandJONLINE

Reaction score
Hi Othertravel, Same quality. We have two quality levels at the moment, Main Line and Hand Grade. J.Crew have a few styles from the Main Line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads