** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BespokeKiwi

BespokeKiwi Senior member

Tuur & FredAstaire1899,

I've prepared another last comparison. This time for the capped Oxford shoes that we're all actively considering, which you may find helpful for decision making.

Hopefully, the actual shoes we purchase won't disappoint us. Especially, if you're ordering long distance mail order (I'm on the opposite side of the world to C&J, down under in New Zealand) like me.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

2. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

I'm tossing up all of this as well!

The Radstock then the Audley look the best.

Muchas Gracias!

3. BespokeKiwi

Michael Sy, glad you found the last comparison useful. Both of those last models you like are more symmetrical. than the other two that are more asymmetrical, i.e. in the forefoot area. See the marked up last comparison chart below.

[​IMG]

4. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

I guess we're all in the same boat, prefer a round classic, but an appropriate one doesn't exist in the HG range, so we go with the soft square instead. The wider appearance of the 337 particularly in the heel probably complements a classic suit better than a 363. The 236 Connaught would probably be best for me, but I really do prefer a HG.

I'm not 100 % sure I'll get a UK 7 in the Audley. Based on Double Monk's recommendations, I'm hopefully going to try a 6.5 at Patrick Johnson, just to see if a slightly shorter shoe alleviates the pinching in the vamp. Is the Double Monk pricing $695 for the Audley? I know that's the case for the Lonsdale.

5. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Are you saying that the Audley isn't TTS and that you should size down?

Do you have any Loake in the Capital last? I'm a TTS 6.5-7. I was going to get a 7 in the Audley.

$695 for the Audley/Lonsdale at DM.

6. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Sorry, I do have a 337 Clifford (Brogue) in UK 7 and a Lonsdale in Suede in UK 7. The Lonsdale digs back in the vamp, but I'm not sure if this is because of the toe cap, inadequate width, the excess length or a combination. Which is why I was thinking of sizing down for an Audley due to the cap toe - although this is highly unlikely. My Clifford fits fine, but it doesn't have the toe cap, so I can't be sure.

I believe the 337 is true to sizing.

Shame, they used to be cheaper. But its probably only going to get worse ...

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

The Audley is TTS for me.

8. BespokeKiwi

As mentioned above, here's some pictures of my new 348 Milton boots in Polo Suede. I plan to buy a pair of 348 Tetbury boots in dark brown leather next.

Business Attire:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Casual Attire:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: I can't delete the attached file below, which is just a repetition of one of the above pictures. So, no need to download it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

9. BespokeKiwi

I just had a post of some pictures of my new 348 Milton boots deleted from the thread without explanation. Presumably, by the admin or moderator. Did I do something wrong?

10. wurger

wurger Senior member

I think the photos didn't upload properly, you will need to repost.

11. wurger

wurger Senior member

Great comparison pictures, and the yellow line to show the asymmetrical of the shoes are very informative.

12. BespokeKiwi

New 348 Milton boots worn with business attire pants:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BespokeKiwi

New 348 Milton boots worn with casual attire jeans, i.e. slim-fit with improvised boot cut alterations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I'm happy with my recent 348 Milton boots purchase. So, my next planned C&J purchase will be 348 Tetbury boots in dark brown leather with (double?) leather soles. After that, I will move onto purchasing some of their capped Oxford shoes as we've been discussing in recent posts above. Once completed, I will then have a nice "basic set" of C&J footwear to build upon, which I'm greatly looking forward too.

14. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Senior member

Hi peeps, a newcomer to C&J seeking sizing advice here. I wear a US9D AE 5 last (8.5E suits me better I think), and a 41.5 in Vass F & U (F seems pretty big though).

What size should I be looking at on the 317 last? What profile of feet does the 317 last fit best i.e. instep, width?

There was a shoe size guide posted on SF a couple of months back. Members get to post the shoes and sizes they had experience with. What is the link please?