** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Picked up some Ashdown's Burgandy Shell on last 341 at the recent C&J sale for about the same price as an Adlen Shell ... Very pleased and can't wait to take delivery. Praying 8.5UK is my number on this last as I am 9.5US. The toe box looks much sleeker than say an Alden PTB. More like a Marlow PTB. Anybody own this beauty?

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Chipshot, an absolutely great score for you. I think the Marlow having metal eyelets is the only difference between the it and the Ashdown. It's a great shoe which will look good with anything.

3. gesk

gesk New Member

I tried on C&J Conistons today in 7.5E and 8E and in each felt there was some pressure on the outside of the small and big toes of my right foot. I've looked around here and it seems the 325 last is about the widest from C&J. I can't go to an 8.5 as the 8 was already not so snug across the top of the foot. Is this something likely to lessen as the boot wears in? The small toe falls outside the toe cap of course, so there will be more give in this area. I might have a chance to try some Loake Dovedales later this week, but they're much less attractive than the Conistons. Any advice appreciated, thanks!

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Are they offered in F or G width?

5. gesk

gesk New Member

No, unfortunately.

6. 68Bullitt

68Bullitt Well-Known Member

I'm looking for opinions in regards to the Audley or the Belgrave in black calf. Which do you guys feel would be best for formal situations? And if I take a 11.5 E in the 348, will I take the same size in the 337?

7. meister

meister Senior member

I have the Belgrave in 10.5E and I have the 337s in UK10E. The Belgrave is a little looser but not noticeably around the toecap break.

8. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Aren't the Belgraves on the 337 last?

9. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Yes, they're both on 337.

10. ragnr

ragnr Active Member

I have the options to choose between 9(F) or 8.5(F) on my next pair of shoes on the 348-last.

This is my pair of lowndes in 9(E), it fits well over the ball and toes but I have some creasing over the captoe. Please ignore the belt and the second shoe.

[​IMG]

I have no experience with CJ's different widths. Should I size down with 348 in F?

11. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Are you saying that your Belgraves fit wider than your other 337s in the same size?

12. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Anybody have a comparison in width between the 341 last and 325 last?

The RL Marlows fit me pretty good, might even be a bit big in my usually measured size of 8D, but I was wondering if I can pull off an E width in C&J 341. I am probably a solid E width in US sizing.

13. Vodking

Vodking Well-Known Member

Looks like the summer sale has started, is anyone in London able to tell us which models are reduced?

Edit: Also, does the 341 last fit true to size or is it recommended to size down a half from your usual UK size? I've never owned C&J before and the info I found via searching was inconclusive. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

14. fcarsenal85

fcarsenal85 Member

Yes, the summer sale definitely started in London, at least for the 2 Jermyn St stores.

There are quite a few shoes on sale, but can't recall all even if i tried. Picked up a pair of Savile in dark brown. It is the most comfortable shoe I have owned ever since my high-end shoe obsession began a few months ago... I also have the Lowndes and Westbourne (both i picked up in February). Will post some pictures in the next couple of days!

Sales are generally 50 to 100 pounds off, depending on model. Seconds of course are discounted more steeply.

15. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Wondering if the sale also applies to mail order?