1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Liquidus

Liquidus Distinguished Member

I would really like a Chelsea Boot in a Dark Brown similar to the following: [​IMG].

This is actually a Dark Brown Cottesmore made for Barneys but you get the idea. I'm looking for a non-super narrow last and doesn't have to be C&J. Any recommendations?

2. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

well
    CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

The C&J for BB boot in burgundy shell is on Dainite and on Double leather, even though, as I recall, it was advertised as only on Dainite. I have ordered them twice and received one of each??? Did not keep either one.

The RL Lindrick is offered in black calf and brown shell. I own them both.

4. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Black calf, and brown cordovan as stated earlier.

5. meister

meister Distinguished Member

Celebrating my birthday with a nice Friday afternoon lunch with friends and decided to give the C&J Ghillies for Barneys with the beautiful red Dainite soles their first wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Visited the factory shop today and purchased Monkton GB£150. They are boxed and marked as UK7 so sold as subs, however, they are clearly an 8 so perfect for me on the 348. A good days work!

7. Ahriman4891

Ahriman4891 Senior Member

Cleav- That's a good way to buy "subs", congratulations!

A little update for those of us with wide feet. I went to the C&J NY store again because the 8G Grasmere (last 325) they ordered for me arrived. It did not fit. It has the same issue (for me) as Alden's Barrie which I had in 8EEE - wide enough in the ball-of-the-foot part, but tapering too severely at the forefoot, squeezing my toes as a result.
    It was strange, but looking at the shoe from above, the usual gentle curve was hardly noticeable - it was tapering almost in a straight line. Oh well.

Other notes - last 325 is not as long as 341. I would say 325 in 8 is about as long as 341 in 7.5. The ball of my foot and the arch were at the right place within the shoe. (I am 8EEE on the Brannock.)

8. dddrees

Looking good, sounds like you got a great deal.

Congrats!!

9. dddrees

Very nice, Congrats!!!

10. untouchable123

untouchable123 Member

[​IMG]

From my C & J collection, well used conistons, used Tetbury and as yet unworn chestnut Westbornes

Last edited: May 25, 2013

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Those Tetbury boots look great. Been thinking of getting a pair in suede.

12. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

A good friend has a pair of Tetbury boots in black suede and they look fantastic.

13. dddrees

Great looking trio, and nice diversity.

14. untouchable123

untouchable123 Member

Thanks,

I would like the milton unlined suede at some point (in the 348 last) for more casual but may have to just settle for some other cheap penny loafers for my holidays,
    I got a c&j belt to match the westbornes however i didn't realise the belts were made in majorca from another manufacturer?? Still its a close enough match to not make too much a difference

15. TehBunny

TehBunny Distinguished Member

+1million; was initially after them when looking for a chukka but they don't fit me T_T