1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Thank You Crat, I didn't see that in New York last time I was there. It also doesn't appear in my 12'-13' catalogue is it still offered?

2. bespoken pa

^ thanks dr. As well. 50% is quite steep, as a previous poster mentioned that's borderline eg territory although they were discussing shell.

3. Crat

Crat Distinguished Member

I'm not sure tbh. You could send them an email and ask if they can tell you if anyone stocks them. You might get lucky.

4. bespoken pa

^I emailed the store manager at the address listed on his business card last week but I havent heard anything as of yet.

5. Crat

6. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior Member

I don't see these on the webpage for the UK collection btw maybe it's not on there anymore? No longer produced?

7. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior Member

When you say handgrade do you mean mto ? Coz C&J lists their own products as MTO, handgrade and main collection

8. Crat

I think he means that he would like a wholecut with no brogueing, like the benchgrade Alex, made to handgrade standards.
    There are quite a few shops out there that have 'store' mto models which can't be found in CJ's catalogue.
    All I'm saying is that it might be worthwhile to try and find out if there are any shops that currntly stock something similar to what BP is looking for.

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

My mistake, yes, MTO has the huge upcharge. The difference from BG to HG is around a couple hundred USD I think.

10. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I returned it -- too pointy for my tastes.

12. Torsion

Torsion Senior Member

I have bought a pair of these recently - I can understand DocHolliday not liking them for being pointy as they're probably the pointiest last I've seen for C&J but I really love mine :)

13. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior Member

See problem I find with C&J is the colours, not enough shades available in handgrade. In my quest for my first pair of proper leathers since 'forever'... I am now focusing on CJ (although I may slip and go for the GG Wilmores)

I am not considering their other levels because I have a thing for closed channeled soles, open channeled with exposed threads on leather soles drive me crazy more than 'rubber' soles. I am considering either a wholecut or boot/chukkas. And as Ive discovered they no longer make the scarsdale.. so only wholecut that is available is the wyemouth, but the non shiny calf leather is not a fav of mine... antiqued calf is so much better.. for that reason I like the portman...but not the buckle although it is small and is probably going to be hidden underneath my jeans.

Btw they have a better handgrade boot collection in their french line..cowdray and somerville. The front of the shoe has a much more elegant flow to it as compared to its british counterpart which I think would be the chelseas but the various chelseas do not come in handgrade btw. how odd.. basically they do not have a handgrade boot in the UK....

14. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Distinguished Member

A couple of sale shoes I noticed at the Paris store.

Balmuir IV Black Calf 5914-12 - 440 euro
    Balmuir IV Brown Calf 5914-19B - 440 euro
    Portman III Black Calf - 5450 - 12 410 euro
    Chukka - 300 euro

Not sure if phone ordering is available. I can proxy ship to the US at cost, but won't lay out money for people.

15. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior Member

I wonder if those come under handgrade and include taxes coz in the UK handgrade is about that number but in £