** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

I am located in HK, and believe the E-store will be cheaper than that of retailers in HK. Wish I could be in UK and bought from C&J store directly...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Can anyone confirm if the Audley 3 is only made for Japan? I checked with Bodileys and they have never heard of it so I could not order it. But it was shown in Last magazine. And I have heard there is Audley 2. Curious :lookaround:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  3. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes Audley III is only made for Japan. Few days ago I saw them on sale at Isetan Mens (chestnut brown And dark brown). Audley II was made for United Arrows (or Beams?), it is on last 337 like Audley, but with added details such as pitched heel.

4. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Interesting..but too bad it is not available via E-retailer.

5. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

6. Frank the sheep

I have bought several pairs from Pediwear and Bodileys but have stopped doing that. I think the wait is not worth the money saved so i buy directly from a C&J store (Burlington Arcade). Great service and fast shipping.

7. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

8. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

Same here, if you change "several pairs" to "a few pairs". During my visits to London I've been to most of the C&J stores, and I received the best service in the Burlington Arcade store. In the other stores the SA were either condescending or simply ignored me, I suspect that they've yet to become used to the fact that "younger" individuals buy anything other than Converse.

9. jmills

jmills Senior member

Just curious, are people avoiding the time consuming back-and-forth with C&J's mail order service by getting other C&J retail stores to send out shoes?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

+1. I've been surprised at how soft and stretchy suede can be. I buy half-a-size down in loafers and have always been happy as, although the fit is sometimes a bit too tight and incomfortable at first, they start to soften and loosen up pretty quickly and I'd definitely regret it if I had bought my regular size.

11. Frank the sheep

I have no experience with the mail order service. I heard that C&J were having a new years sale a little more than a year ago and i just picked up the phone and called several stores. The guy at Burlington Arcade was very helpful and i bought two pairs + one for my girlfriend. After that i have bought two more pairs. The guy have called me three times just to check that i´m happy with the shoes and to tell me about special orders they have in my size. With that service i don´t feel the need to buy CJ shoes anywear else.

12. Frank the sheep

I have a high insteap and even if this is a pair of chukkas they were tight. I´m sure they can be streched but i rather sell them and buy 0.5 size bigger. Only tried them on three times so it´s more or less a brand new shoe.

13. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Do you mean I can call them up to order a pair and have them delivered overseas?

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

That's correct.

15. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Last year I was after the Finsbury 2 in Cordovan which aren't available here in Sweden so by chance
    I just sent an email to the London store on 92 Jermyn Street asking them if they could ship a pair to me.

I was a bit nervous when I got a reply from a guy who said no problem and wanted my credit card info,
    but he was really helpful and everything went really smooth.