** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

yerp. no one is perfect. not CJ not JL, vass, GG or EG....

there will always be issues from time to time, and once in a while we end up with the bad apple. the great companies distinguish themselves by how they handle these issues for their customers, imo.

i hope so. :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I think your right, and I would agree with the point you made about C&J being superior in construction as well.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

3. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

The shoes I sent back to Shipton & Heneage (Wilton Suede Loafer) were stolen in UK and the box arrived empty...

If you will see for sale a pair of Wilton suede loafer in size 8,5 without a box, they were my shoes...

4. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Wow. I love how the 6-year olds look just as good as the new shoes!

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Chance of rain = Islays [​IMG]

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great Choice!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Thanks! My go-to work footwear for rainy weather are the Islays and my AS Fordhams (Hunter wellies and Tricker's Stow for more casual times). I also have some Pembrokes on the way for this coming spring. In addition to the Pembroke, I also got a pair of Drummonds (now I just need to unload my Vass Austerity brogues, argh).

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

WOW! Sorry Alex, that's really unfortunate. What courier did you use? International shipping typically has some form of insurance (even if it only covers a small percentage of the shoes). I assume customs should have some information about the shoes still being there right? Maybe you can get some documentation at least to narrow down where the theft might have taken place?

9. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I used the equivalent italian service of UK International Signed For, so signature on delivery and tracking.
    This is the first time I had a problem with this service and I used it a large number of times especially in last months.

I suppose the shoes were stolen at the post office depot where they were on hold waiting to be delivered after holiday (the store was closed from 22/12 to 03/01 and I shipped them on mid december and arrived in Uk 19/12)
    Tomorrow I will send the claims form.

I have not insured the parcel, it was my mistake, I could get only a small compensation.

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I can't find the post, but I remember someone saying that the Peal cordovan boots are on a Dainite sole. And in fact, I seem to remember the description on Brooks' website saying they had a rubber sole. But I just received my pair, and they are on a leather sole. The description now does not say anything about the sole, but I think the second pictures shows a Dainite sole. These are great boots, and I'm quite happy. Just thought I'd post for informational purposes.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...dwvar_621H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=13&cgid=0522

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I bought them a couple months ago and at the time decided not to keep them. They had the Dainite, but that had nothing to do with my decision.

Bought them about three weeks ago and decided to keep them. These have the leather sole.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yeah, I had read another post earlier where the person had recieved a pair without the Danite sole. I'm kind of disapointed to hear that, as this was one of the main attractions of this boot to me.

13. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

A little weekend brogue-loving with the Skye:

[​IMG]

And a pair of Hastings that are in the 'other' chestnut hue. They're an older pair that I've been bringing back to life before moving them on; the shoe-box has the original price marked as £220...:

[​IMG]

And the Pembroke in burgundy cavalry calf, sadly too big to work out for me:

[​IMG]

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

y u no like teh vash?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

at one point they were definitely made on dainite. could you post a pic of you leather sole'd boots? from the boot pictures online, its easy to spot the dainite outsole. def not leather soled boots in the pic

alexSF, thats terrible. its my worst nightmare

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013