• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

YellowHandUp

Reaction score
Milled leather is tumbled in big drums. It softens the leather and yet makes it stronger. If you look at the black version you can see more lines in the leather, almost a micro grain when compared to pebble and scotch. You can’t see it so well in the photos of the brown version. I think you’ll have glove soft boots that will last along time!

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Milled leather is tumbled in big drums. It softens the leather and yet makes it stronger. If you look at the black version you can see more lines in the leather, almost a micro grain when compared to pebble and scotch. You can’t see it so well in the photos of the brown version. I think you’ll have glove soft boots that will last along time!
Thanks. I am bummed they are sold out in my size for the brown milled leather. The black looks nice but not sure it works for me.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J dont ever plan or do things based on customers wishes or requests. They tend to just do what suits them. . . . Seems that the "love for da zug" has turned out to be more "money under da rug".
I mean, they are running a business, makes perfect sense to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Sorry, I wentvto
Maybe they don't have your size in the States but do have your size in the

Maybe they don't have your size in the States but do have your size in the UK.
Sorry I meant they are sold out in my size on the C&J website where they are on sale. They do have the wax brown in my size but they are not on sale.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Pembrokes

1719131525363.png

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Do you know if the VAT savings is still a thing when you order from England to US.

It’s been years since I got anything from that store.
I believe that you can get a VAT refund if you physically buy the shoes in London and then leave the country, and that's only because there's nothing that C&J can do to stop it. As for ordering by phone or online, that's long gone. For online, shipped orders, you'll need to go to a third party retailer who'll deduct VAT

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe that you can get a VAT refund if you physically buy the shoes in London and then leave the country, and that's only because there's nothing that C&J can do to stop it. As for ordering by phone or online, that's long gone. For online, shipped orders, you'll need to go to a third party retailer who'll deduct VAT

I was also told that someone can purchase the shoes on your behalf from London, and then C&J will ship it to you. So if you have a proxy, that's your best bet.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Any other retailers from UK sell online?
Bodiley's is pretty much universally loved here. The owner, Sarah, is extremely helpful with sizing, lasts, etc.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LFS