• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a scientific point of view:
* The more shoes and boots you have, the longer a new pair you buy will last (simply because you cannot wear it as often as if you had fewer pairs)
* Buying another pair will also extend the lifespan of all your other shoes and boots (same reasoning as above)
Thus, the more shoes you have the easier it is to justify buying more shoes and more expensive shoes.

Quite an easy one, you have to admit!
this, this right here is why I am where I am, I mean who can argue with science 🤦🏽‍♂️

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
From a scientific point of view:
* The more shoes and boots you have, the longer a new pair you buy will last (simply because you cannot wear it as often as if you had fewer pairs)
* Buying another pair will also extend the lifespan of all your other shoes and boots (same reasoning as above)
Thus, the more shoes you have the easier it is to justify buying more shoes and more expensive shoes.

Quite an easy one, you have to admit!
In the end, Logic always prevails

shoefan57

Reaction score
Bit lazy of C&J to run these again as a repeat (when they had claimed last year that there will be these limited run MTO's for every season)
I agree with this and think Other Travel’s explanation is right. However, as you say, it’s a bit much to offer a limited run and advertise it as such saying you’ll do limited editions for each season and then not do that( no summer season limited editions), and simply re-release last winter’s two best sellers. I have this Islay boot and it is a wonderful leather/boot so am happy but perhaps it wasn’t as “limited” as was implied!

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I agree with this and think Other Travel’s explanation is right. However, as you say, it’s a bit much to offer a limited run and advertise it as such saying you’ll do limited editions for each season and then not do that( no summer season limited editions), and simply re-release last winter’s two best sellers. I have this Islay boot and it is a wonderful leather/boot so am happy but perhaps it wasn’t as “limited” as was implied!
Exactamundo

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Summer shoes taken out of the wardrobe for the first time this year:
C&J Waterford in dark oak suede, now three years old.

IMG_7211.JPG

IMG_7213.JPG

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Bit lazy of C&J to run these again as a repeat (when they had claimed last year that there will be these limited run MTO's for every season)
When the Zug Grain was on preorder for the first time they closed the opportunity to purchase before the designated period of time.
I missed the chance to buy the Islay boot. I emailed C&J and asked why they closed the preorder early, and the answer was that the Zug Grain was so popular that they ran out of stock of that leather.
I guess that there was more people that asked C&J why they could not buy the boots/shoes, as C&J promised to source more leather for those people who missed out. So this is mostly for customers who missed out the first time. They will produce 25-30 pairs of the Islay/Sandhurst.

And, yes, this time I pulled the trigger on the Islay boots as fast as I got the message that they were available for preorder once again!:)

YellowHandUp

Reaction score
When the Zug Grain was on preorder for the first time they closed the opportunity to purchase before the designated period of time.
I missed the chance to buy the Islay boot. I emailed C&J and asked why they closed the preorder early, and the answer was that the Zug Grain was so popular that they ran out of stock of that leather.
I guess that there was more people that asked C&J why they could not buy the boots/shoes, as C&J promised to source more leather for those people who missed out. So this is mostly for customers who missed out the first time. They will produce 25-30 pairs of the Islay/Sandhurst.

And, yes, this time I pulled the trigger on the Islay boots as fast as I got the message that they were available for preorder once again!:)
Which means they are limited (again).

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

C&J dont ever plan or do things based on customers wishes or requests. They tend to just do what suits them. . . . Seems that the "love for da zug" has turned out to be more "money under da rug".

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
And some of my summer boots (and one autumn guy) got "super invulnered" in the evening.
Group shot (Sulgrave in khaki suede, Chiltern in earth green suede, Chukka in dark brown suede, Chukka in snuff suede, Chukka in bottle green suede and Chukka in terracotta suede):

View attachment 2203497

Jeez, how do you decide which to wear on a sunny day 😉. There must be a ballot draw system

jellyroller

Reaction score
Just got an email that the C&J summer sale is on. Nothing caught my eye, which is usually the case with C&J sales. Mostly an assortment of odd styles with the occasional "maybe" that's usually out of stock in my size.

Mister McGee

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the C&J summer sale specifically for the Chelsea 5 in dark brown wax calf. For a minute, I was delighted to see it included in the sale reducing the price from $850 to $620 but my size (UK 9) was sold out. Upon looking closer, I realized the the color description for the boot on sale is actually Dark Brown Milled Calf.

Is anyone familiar with Dark Brown Milled Calf? Before the sale, I don't believe it was listed on the site.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4863.PNG
    IMG_4863.PNG
    172.6 KB · Views: 138

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.