• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

tomsocal

Reaction score

YellowHandUp

Reaction score
The Sandhurst in zug is also back. I haven’t seen these pre-orders promoted on social media and I can’t see them on the landing page. But the link to order appears to work. They were two others last time. I can’t recall the names, one was deer suede. If anyone can remember maybe we can find that one as well!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez…you guys are the worst, now I got another pair of boots I don’t need 🤦🏽‍♂️

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the description about "cinematic annals" interesting since C&J has never been shy about saying "James Bond" in the description of any shoes or boots that were in the movies. Checked a few others out, and any mention of James Bond or the specific movies is gone. I wonder if their relationship with EON has come to a close.

Marmite89

Reaction score
I was annoyed with myself at missing out when first offered. I wore my Zug Snowdon lots this last winter.
Pulled the trigger the moment I saw the link, really decent value at GBP 600.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I was annoyed with myself at missing out when first offered. I wore my Zug Snowdon lots this last winter.
Nice boots for sure, but not sure any boots are decent value at £600.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Nice boots for sure, but not sure any boots are decent value at £600.
From a scientific point of view:
* The more shoes and boots you have, the longer a new pair you buy will last (simply because you cannot wear it as often as if you had fewer pairs)
* Buying another pair will also extend the lifespan of all your other shoes and boots (same reasoning as above)
Thus, the more shoes you have the easier it is to justify buying more shoes and more expensive shoes.

Quite an easy one, you have to admit!

Fenners81

Reaction score
* The more shoes and boots you have, the longer a new pair you buy will last (simply because you cannot wear it as often as if you had fewer pairs)
* Buying another pair will also extend the lifespan of all your other shoes and boots (same reasoning as above)
Thus, the more shoes you have the easier it is to justify buying more shoes and more expensive shoes.

The very definition of specious reasoning!

Menninki

Reaction score

I know there is some twisted logic behind this --- but I like it!

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score
I really like these Zug Islays but also feel they are too similar to the dark brown islays that I wear frequently. I have a one pair in, one pair out rule and am not sure what they would displace. Beautiful boots, though.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Bit lazy of C&J to run these again as a repeat (when they had claimed last year that there will be these limited run MTO's for every season)

WS19

Reaction score

If you put it that way, I guess I have to make the sensible decision and buy them 😁

For anyone who has been through the pre-order process before, will there be an option to change delivery country when C&J confirms that they are ready? I'll be in the EU later in the year and it would be easier to have them shipped there, but I don't want to be stressed about the timing.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhondabishop817