Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Been over to Colmore Row today to look around the sale, very busy. Benchgrades down to £340, none my size I'm afraid. Most importantly the Duchess went up a size (Jodhpur) coming in a week from Jermyn Street. I handed in my old Grenson Boots for new sole and heels (£90) and purchased a pair black of Chelsea 3. Good days work!

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Down to GBP340? What were they before that? I guess the price went up from GBP 320.

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I understand that they are, but I don't own them. I am 100% certain these are (as I own them):

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...?dwvar_273H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=9&cgid=0522

5. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Sorry, meant hand grades. 450 I believe, though limited to discontinued and only a few in each size.

6. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I was there right at the end of the day but nothing I fancied in my size. Then again, I'm more of a boot man and I own pretty much all the C&J boot models that I like!

7. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

American Tailors in Melbourne (Australia) are selling benchgrade and handgrade for A$350 and A$395, respectively! Pitty I just bought another two pairs from the UK [​IMG]

8. Almost Blue

Almost Blue New Member

London sale was pretty decent, especially in the smaller Jermyn Street shop down the road from the flagship. I managed to forage some nice dark brown Tetbury's for £220. It was a bit of a zoo but well worth it.

9. MarkusDK

MarkusDK New Member

wow man this thread was a part of the reason i got a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes!
    They just arrived today, VERY easy buying them from the Crockett & Jones Royal Exchange and having them shipped to Denmark!
    330£ and 20£ for the shipping via UPS.

Got a pair of Hallam last 348 in the black waxed calf with the Dainite soles.
    Only thing that didn't went so smooth was that they forgot to add the original shoe trees which i also ordered. Guess i won't be needing them anyway, since the upper seems pretty solid.

I actually started out wanting the Highbury, but after seeing some of the photos here, of the Hallam, i fell for it!
    Beautiful shoe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

btw.. ROFL it's hard taking good pictures of your feet! That was a first time for me [​IMG]

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Do I really want the C&J Grenville? The heel brogueing throws it off for me.

What I really want is the Paul Stuart Preston (AKA Exmoor in Mahogany) but they do not carry 6E. Before, C&J at RE were able to send me shoes from other markets besides the UK, now when I inquired getting the aforementioned shoes, they said they stopped doing that. :foo:

11. SHS

SHS Senior member

The general consensus here is that you should use shoe trees for your shoes. I have bought some here: http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-MMCACCPRD-EN.htm?cdPrd=Embauchoirs&coloris=red_cedar They are even on sale from time to time, but you can find some elsewhere of course. Congrats on the shoes!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

12. billionaireboy

billionaireboy Senior member

If you ordered them and paid for them, you should let C&J know. They will ship them to you for free. Customer service is impeccable

13. SHS

SHS Senior member

^Oh, I didn't realize that the trees were paid for. In that case C&J should send them of course.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just recieved my Black Lindricks. Might have been nice had they been in Cordovan, but even so they're still pretty nice. The sale price was pretty good too. Ended up getting 2 pairs for the price of one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012