1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Just missed the rain: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I bought and wear Hampton (Spectators from Ben Silver), a 337 last that was initially rather snug, I almost returned them but instead I stretched them with a device and now they fit perfectly. I normally wear 10D US so bought the Hamptons in 9E (UK).

Could I get away with the same thing on a suede leather 337, such as this? http://www.fransboonestore.com/stor...rockett-amp-jones-for-fransboonestore-seymour

I heard that it is harder to stretch suede, so I am afraid the suede 337's won't fit.

Also, for the 363 last, would I wear the same UK size as I would for the 337?

3. kwhunter

kwhunter Senior member

Just my 2 cents: I have 363, 324, 358 and 348 in suede and calf, all in UK9 and they all fit comfortably

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  4. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

I've always found that suede tends to stretch more than calf. I think it's safe for you to buy snug 337s.

5. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Nice selection StevenT,

whats the interesting pair hiding behind the suede double monks...she's damn cute!!!!!!!!!!

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

It's a burgundy shell / Russian reindeer saddle from leather soul

7. Gilmour

Gilmour Senior member

It might look longer than they actually are due to a wider angle lens and angle of the shot, I think it is better to use a 50mm lens equivalent if at all possible.

8. B-Rogue

B-Rogue Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of Harlech boots online in UK (or shops in North West area near Manchester)? I have searched online but can't seem to find any places.

9. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

I don't believe its online, you can call their stores in the uk and get help on that item. Was considering that until I decided to go with the peal version.

1 person likes this.
  10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Anyone own the Dover 2 in beige? I'm curious as to how they look after a bit of wear; basically, curious how the BG leather holds up after wear.

11. S K M

S K M Senior member

I bought mine via email from the C&J store at Royal Exchange. It's my best boot so far, so get hurry up and order a pair ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. B-Rogue

Thank you. May i ask, what is the peal version?
    Thank you. My only concern is how they fit. Are they true to size? I just don't want to end up with a pair of boots that are too big for me.

13. S K M

S K M Senior member

To my best believe: yes they do (I use UK 9 on both the 348, 341 and 363). After being worn in, they're my most comfortable boot so far. Take the plunge, and you'll enjoy them for many years to come :)

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Weymouth today. Realizing that I've been giving my EGs a rest recently in favor of C&J. :D [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

correct, sir

16. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

lovely :) i love my weymouth

17. B-Rogue

Well sod's law played its role here. I phoned the shop and unfortunately the last pair were taken. No more stock in the factory either. [​IMG]

So, I'm back in the market for a pair. I know that they are lesser in quality (compared to Harlech) but I quite like Northcote and Skye.

18. gazzadesigning

gazzadesigning Active Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

8G 317 last Pembroke's in Snuff suede. I've been a longtime lurker, but finally made some investments worth posting.......where do I post my Sargent Balmorals?

1 person likes this.
  19. gazzadesigning

gazzadesigning Active Member