• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im assuming furo took that pic himself. probably used his camera phone while bending over thus lifting the hem up atleast an inch. in which case the hem is fine, especially for a boot.

Good insight :)

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my Somervilles taken with blackberry camera at work.

Sorry for the overhead fluorescent light reflections on the toe caps. Very little natural light in my office.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gilmour

Reaction score
Cheers kwhunter, I bought these here on the forum and they are best fitting shoe so far what luck
bounce2.gif

aaaaaaaaaargh still getting used to the spoiler thingy

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where are the Somervilles from?

I got mine at Barneys. SF posted a sale notice on the same weekend I happened to be in NYC for a wedding. I don't think Barney's carries them anymore. Half-priced. I was extremely pleased they had my size.

Last edited:

Longmorn

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'm considering a pair of C&J Skye 2s, but could use some guidance on sizing. In Edward Green I wear a 9UK/9.5US in D width or 8.5UK/9US E width. Any thoughts on how that translates to the Skyes? And you guys go half a size up to accommodate thicker socks for the winter?

Thanks in advance,
LM

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

I'm considering a pair of C&J Skye 2s, but could use some guidance on sizing. In Edward Green I wear a 9UK/9.5US in D width or 8.5UK/9US E width. Any thoughts on how that translates to the Skyes? And you guys go half a size up to accommodate thicker socks for the winter?

Thanks in advance,
LM

Sounds to me like you should go with UK8.5E. But order two sizes if it is possible (and if you can't try them on in store).

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got mine at Barneys. SF posted a sale notice on the same weekend I happened to be in NYC for a wedding. I don't think Barney's carries them anymore. Half-priced. I was extremely pleased they had my size.

Barney's is one of the best shoe stores in the world. Good on price and eclectic taste as well as regular top quality shoes.

Last edited:

mdao63

Reaction score

A bunch of BRooks brothet black fleece branded, pebble grained, coniston boots on eBay for sub $300

Bought them. This, and the Lindrick purchase 2 weeks back, could put me in hot water with the Frau. Lucky she knows I have only one major addiction...

Longmorn

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you should go with UK8.5E. But order two sizes if it is possible (and if you can't try them on in store).

Thanks - appreciate the advice. I'm working through Sky Valet (who doesn't stock them), so trying to narrow down my size before ordering.

Cheers,
LM

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here's my Somervilles taken with blackberry camera at work.
Sorry for the overhead fluorescent light reflections on the toe caps. Very little natural light in my office.

I don't get the love for all that suede.

khe86

Reaction score
For CJs shoes, how do you tell which last a specific shoe is in. On the shoes I have, I see the following set of numbers, 20392, 106, 10D, 1385-13363. Obviously 10D is the shoe size, so is 392, 106, or 363 the last #? And do you guys only use CJ shoe trees? The shoe is quite slim and narrows significantly around the toes. The Woodlore shoetrees (made by AE) I have are quite big for this pair of CJ shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics