** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

true statement

2. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

Just a side note to Alex's post, while shipton and henage seem to carry only a few c&j styles now, quite a bit of Cheaney in their stock, the c&j prices are quite competitive. The one that stands out for me is the cavendish tassel loafer on the 325 last, s&h price appears to be almost 60gbp less than c&js list price. :slayer:

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Fabulous looking boots, Congrats.

I just recieved my Lindricks today actually.

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Which last are the Lindricks on?

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Not sure, I'm certain Namor would probably know though. It's probably been posted but since this was my first Crocket and Jones the actual last was not much help for me anyway. No way to compare it to anything.

However Alden wise it compares close but not exact to the Barrie Last. A bit narrower and shorter than this last however. Enough so, that I had to use a half size larger than my normal Barrie last. So for me it was TTS. It really will depend on your feet in regards to whether you size down a half size or wear TTS.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

isnt it on the 325 last? same as marlow i thought?

7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

The Lindricks are on the 325 last, same as the Marlow wingtip and Pembroke.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thanks for the helping hand guys.

Cheers,

Dan

9. razl

razl Senior member

Quick update - I placed my order on Sunday and everything seemed great except, I didn't get the confirmation email. Hmmm. I checked paypal on Monday and, sure enough, the transaction was pending, so I thought all was good. By Tues, it was still in pending and no confirmation email so I thought I'd email them just to check on it...

I'm happy to report that I got a prompt, courteous and informative response. Turns out, they were out of my size but - luckily - had an order that should arrive in the next few days and mine would ship out immediately upon arrival. Unfortunately, with me leaving next Tuesday, I don't want them sitting on my doorstep or at the post office waiting for my return since I'm unsure how long I'll be gone. So, I told them if they arrive by Thurs to send expedited and they should be here before I leave, otherwise to cancel the order (although I expect to re-order when I return).

I'll note that they re-sent the confirmation which I did receive and it correctly pointed out the stocking issue. All in all, they've been helpful after the fact, and bonus points for the transaction remaining pending until it ships, but - dang-it - I hate it when online stores don't accurately reflect inventory.

In the "everything works perfectly and exactly as expected" world, I would be eagerly awaiting their arrival tomorrow; but, alas.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012

10. razl

razl Senior member

Good photos and I really like the quarter rear panel which is different from the Lindrick. I don't envy your speed hooks though. While I do like their functionality, they've chewed up way too many cuffs/hems on my trousers.

11. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Anyone of have shots of how the "Merton" loafers fit? How do they compare with "Sydney"?

12. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Mertons are on the 348 last - it's both long and roomy. Size down 1/2 size from your normal UK size unless your foot is wide.
    [​IMG]

The Sydney is on the 341 last - which is shorter, and more almond shaped than the 348. On this last you might stick with your normal UK size. I have a pair ot oxfords on this last and it is definitely more snug in the toes than the 348

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

13. Shoeliker

Shoeliker Well-Known Member

I didn't see a reply to this query anywhere. What's the black Jodpuhr?

14. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

It's C&Js made in the 90s for RL. When I get back to town, I'll get the info for the last.