• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoefan57

Reaction score
I just took delivery of some Whiskey Cordovan Pembroke's - what shade of Saphir polish or creme are other Whiskey owners using?
C&J recommend Saphir Cordovan Cream “Fawn” but I suspect that’s what others mean by “Whiskey”.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Despite owning multiple pairs of Tricker's Stow boots, I am seriously considering the C&J Islay, because why not....

Does anyone on her have a side by side photo comparison of the toe shape on the 365 last vs the 4497 Tricker's last?

Marmite89

Reaction score
C&J recommend Saphir Cordovan Cream “Fawn” but I suspect that’s what others mean by “Whiskey”.
Do you know what number it is on the Saphir colour chart? I’ve already got the No.03 which I think is simply called light brown which I use on tan coloured shoes.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Do you know what number it is on the Saphir colour chart? I’ve already got the No.03 which I think is simply called light brown which I use on tan coloured shoes.
It is number 19 and is from their range dedicated to shell cordovan care

Style989

Reaction score
Despite owning multiple pairs of Tricker's Stow boots, I am seriously considering the C&J Islay, because why not....

Does anyone on her have a side by side photo comparison of the toe shape on the 365 last vs the 4497 Tricker's last?
Islay is brill. Mine came in today. Don't have a pair of trickers to compare but I had to size down half a size from C&J oxfords (348, 360, 373 lasts) if that helps

Style989

Reaction score
My brown rough out Coniston came in today too. I'm thinking it might be a bit too similar too my Molton and I should have gone with black. Anyway, going to take a trip to factory shop tomorrow and see if they have any goodies. They may have black Conistons to compare

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stows are 9.5UK.
Islays are from Barneys and are marked 10.5US.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrrifu15