• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of shell cordovan Lindrick's for $385 shipped. Did a ton of research and it seems they're not sold for any less than $500 secondhand. Did I score a deal?
A152CE90-5A14-43D1-9478-4AB6A17E284F.gif

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to haggle the guy down to $300 - $320 cash but I noticed 9 watches in 24 hrs, figured shell is getting more expensive ($1,250 shell harlechs on CJs site used to be $1,000) and size 9US is hard to find cheaply
Yeah, if they are in good shape, you scored. Hopefully, you won’t receive a box of brick’s 🤨

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Yeah, if they are in good shape, you scored. Hopefully, you won’t receive a box of brick’s 🤨

I wasn't sure what the market is anymore. I see all these oldee stylefourm posts selling preowned pairs between $300 - $400, wasn't sure what was a good price anymore if they've deflated or inflated. I try to find the best deals I can.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wasn't sure what the market is anymore. I see all these oldee stylefourm posts selling preowned pairs between $300 - $400, wasn't sure what was a good price anymore if they've deflated or inflated. I try to find the best deals I can.
Ok, yeah those are well worn, but in great shape. You got a fair deal I’d say.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Ok, yeah those are well worn, but in great shape. You got a fair deal I’d say.

Take a look at the heel, I think someone wore them a handful of times but knicked them alittle, the sole and heel look to be originals in good condition.

I'm hoping there aren't deep scratches but we'll see. Looks like some renovateur and some tlc is needed

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that’s sad! It doesn’t say that on its website though…..

They announced in the pediwear thread.

shoefan57

Reaction score
They announced in the pediwear thread.
Thanks for sharing this

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Crockett & Jones produce anything similar to their discontinued Cardiff model anymore? Basically the Pembroke without storm welt.

I'd really like a pair of dark brown short wing derbys on the 325 last.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Does Crockett & Jones produce anything similar to their discontinued Cardiff model anymore? Basically the Pembroke without storm welt.

I'd really like a pair of dark brown short wing derbys on the 325 last.
The Pembroke without a storm welt is the Swansea. But "unfortunately", the latter is on last 341. But the Swansea is currently on sale because it has been / will be discontinued:

For last 325 you would need to go single order / MTO.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pembroke without a storm welt is the Swansea. But "unfortunately", the latter is on last 341. But the Swansea is currently on sale because it has been / will be discontinued:

For last 325 you would need to go single order / MTO.
Yes, exactly. I picked up the Swansea recently during the current sale, but I'd like something less pointy than the 341 last for casual wear. I already have the Pembroke as well and love the brown scotch grain model with jeans. But I'd like to add something without the storm welt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads