• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoefan57

Reaction score
I wonder why stockists design more attractive boots/shoes than the makers? Think Trickers at The Bureau, Belfast or Trickers and C&J at Division road.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that Pediwear doesn't offer C & J anymore, what is the next best option to get C & J for a decent price?
Goetz.de and some company in the nl offer good prices, though I think England might have better shipping rates to the U.S.

DB2000

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wonder why stockists design more attractive boots/shoes than the makers? Think Trickers at The Bureau, Belfast or Trickers and C&J at Division road.
Division Road collabs have been very hit or miss. I think it's a cool collab though as it's obvious they are using DR as an outlet for the workwear ideas.

Stiglitz

Reaction score
Now that Pediwear doesn't offer C & J anymore, what is the next best option to get C & J for a decent price?
I can’t speak for their international shipping costs, but the Tannery in the UK are good value & have occasional sales (I’ve picked up a few pairs from them over the years). Always get fast free delivery (buying in the UK) and very good service from them

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I ended up grabbing the patent leather Overton for my wedding. Bought from Cavour (free shipping and returns). If I can wear C&J at my wedding I will be stoked. Hoping the sizing fits, but I am pretty optimistic.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Saphir polish color would you guys recommend for Chestnut Belgraves?

shoefan57

Reaction score
What Saphir polish color would you guys recommend for Chestnut Belgraves?

C&J told me the Mahogany cream.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Pediwear and C&J have parted ways? The Pediwear site gives no real information. I can guess its something to do with C&J now doing e-commerce but that's only a guess.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I'm a little sad. My Harlechs are too tight on my pinkie toe and I now wish I had got a 10.5. As there is little chance of stretching the toe box out this can be considered an expensive mistake to make.
Well, I have an improvement with the shoes. I used a larger shoe tree in them for 2 weeks and I also laced them up better so that my foot sits further back in the boot (before I didn't tie them all the way up the hooks and they were a little loose and moving forward a little too much) and now they fit better with less heel slip. In combination with thin dress socks I was very comfortable and happy wearing them today. Plus after a quick coat and polish with Saphir Renovateur they look fantastic. :)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting question, and I feel like the answer is that smaller companies have niche customers and are able to provide what that segment of customer wants. A very large brand like C&J has a lot of different segments to manage (especially when having to consider making for others, also I don't think C&J does that anymore), and a lot of different brand messages and vibes to juggle and just can't afford to go too deep into the rabbit hole. Depending on the set up of the ordering process, the stockist also takes on some of the risk so that C&J doesn't have to, in case their small production run is a brick.

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Pediwear and C&J have parted ways? The Pediwear site gives no real information. I can guess its something to do with C&J now doing e-commerce but that's only a guess.
I mean pediwear is also closing down so that probably had something to do with their parting ways.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gastrenterology