• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

ducatiti

Reaction score
The idea that you need to condition every pair whenever you get them I’ve gotta say I see most often coming from youtubers and bloggers who are happy to sell you the conditioner and creams they suggest that you need.
Duh, I have never thought about that. Thank you.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idea that you need to condition every pair whenever you get them I’ve gotta say I see most often coming from youtubers and bloggers who are happy to sell you the conditioner and creams they suggest that you need.
Wouldn't find a shortage of bloggers and YouTubers pushing a product that "works wonders" on shoes. Haven't met many distributors of leathers that push products like YouTubers or Bloggers. More often than not, they advocate less is more but when "more" does occur they are referring to more brushing.

ryan ruslan

Reaction score
These harlechs fit and built like a tank!! I think quality wise might be a bit higher than alden shell boots (unfortunately also the price).

Was in a dilemma to whether to get the skye 2/lindricks brogue boots or these, and finally pulled the trigger decided to go with the harlechs.

Pics below:

20220109_132658.jpg

20220109_132206.jpg
20220109_132704.jpg

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
These harlechs fit and feel like a tank!! I think build wise might be a bit higher than alden shell boots (also the price).
Finally purchased them today:
Very nice! What is the sizing on them like, did you size down half a UK size from your trainer/sneaker size?

ryan ruslan

Reaction score
Very nice! What is the sizing on them like, did you size down half a UK size from your trainer/sneaker size?
I dont think you should follow your trainer/sneaker sizing for boots especially if they are nikes. I wear 7.5 US in aldens barrie last, hence 6.5 UK fit me well.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I dont think you should follow your trainer/sneaker sizing for boots especially if they are nikes. I wear 7.5 US in aldens barrie last, hence 6.5 UK fit me well.
What I mean was size down from your regular shoe size. I am a UK10.5 / US11.5 / EU44.5 normally but seem to be a UK9.5 / US 10.5 / EU43.5 in boots such as C&J Coniston.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thede pairs retail for £810 in the UK which is around $1000+
We'll see how the tanky upper breaks in.
My pairs took a bit more than the average boot to break in. The uppers are rather robust. Might have taken 6-8 wears to really get some better flexibility in the shaft and vamp. Harlech is a super boot.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikei90