• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in NYC next week and intend to stop by Crockett, I'd love to pick up this same duet. Any recommended salesperson to talk to?
Absolutely. Go to the shop in Soho and ask for Jonathan. He’s the man.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in NYC next week and intend to stop by Crockett, I'd love to pick up this same duet. Any recommended salesperson to talk to?
In case you don't know, if you're looking to save some money I would order direct from C&J in the UK.

However, if you want to support the local store, carry on.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
In case you don't know, if you're looking to save some money I would order direct from C&J in the UK.

However, if you want to support the local store, carry on.
I don't think you save any money by ordering directly from C&J since they charge US customers full retail with no VAT refund (plus $20 shipping). That was the case for my Bostons this past Spring. I guess the difference between the 20 in shipping and NYC sales tax would be a slight discount but nowhere near what selling ex-vat would be. Now, you can order from authorized retailers in the UK that will sell to you at ex-vat (and ship for free). That's where the real saving come in.

Since C&J is not an affiliate, I don't think I'm breaking any rules by suggesting a look at Bodiley's

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you save any money by ordering directly from C&J since they charge US customers full retail with no VAT refund (plus $20 shipping). That was the case for my Bostons this past Spring. I guess the difference between the 20 in shipping and NYC sales tax would be a slight discount but nowhere near what selling ex-vat would be. Now, you can order from authorized retailers in the UK that will sell to you at ex-vat (and ship for free). That's where the real saving come in.

Since C&J is not an affiliate, I don't think I'm breaking any rules by suggesting a look at Bodiley's
https://www.bodileys.com/
Ah, wasn't aware of that change. My partner did mention that prices at the airport were no longer cheaper after Brexit, so maybe this is part of Brexit too? Odd though that the shipping price has gone down with your order. Last time I had it shipped from the UK, it was GBP 30 for one pair GBP 35 for two pair.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Pretty sure it isn't driven by Brexit.

I think the ex-VAT pricing can occur if you visit a C&J shop in the UK and ship to the US from there (pretty sure that the GMTO are under this same pricing structure but maybe someone that has participated in a recent GMTO can confirm) but all remote orders that aren't special orders are being directed through their new website and there you incur the full charge. I guess it's one way to recoup software costs...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it isn't driven by Brexit.

I think the ex-VAT pricing can occur if you visit a C&J shop in the UK and ship to the US from there (pretty sure that the GMTO are under this same pricing structure but maybe someone that has participated in a recent GMTO can confirm) but all remote orders that aren't special orders are being directed through their new website and there you incur the full charge. I guess it's one way to recoup software costs...
This is correct. They implemented a global pricing structure in the spring of this year

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
For reference, just ordered a pair of R/O Conistons from Bodiley's, shipped to the US for 476 dollars - I'm thinking the same price as .com. If I'm not mistaken, that is a very nice price relative to full US mark-up. I will say that my experience with the NYC store has also been terrific, but full price.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kyle Amy at the Soho store is amazing. He spent hours finding me the right fit for my Pembrokes.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerickSnow