• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

donlelelel

Reaction score
I would like to ask hows the difference between Boston and Harvard? i bought a pair of uk size 9E cigar shell cordovan Havard two weeks ago and it fits well. But actually my feet is quite wide, US8.5EE. The salesperson told me why Havars could fit me is becos it is unlined so it is roomier inside. Given tht Boston uses the same last as Harvard, but it is lined, how are the difference between them? would it be more rigid, in term of the structure, so my feey wont be able to fit in. Cos i want to buy one pair of sude penny loafer and in HK, the retailer doesnt have Boston jn stock for me to try it out.

Thanks a-lot!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to ask hows the difference between Boston and Harvard? i bought a pair of uk size 9E cigar shell cordovan Havard two weeks ago and it fits well. But actually my feet is quite wide, US8.5EE. The salesperson told me why Havars could fit me is becos it is unlined so it is roomier inside. Given tht Boston uses the same last as Harvard, but it is lined, how are the difference between them? would it be more rigid, in term of the structure, so my feey wont be able to fit in. Cos i want to buy one pair of sude penny loafer and in HK, the retailer doesnt have Boston jn stock for me to try it out.

Thanks a-lot!
I wear 11.5 eee in us sizing but I have no problem with an 11.5 uk standard width. I personally found the half size up too snug. I did, however, have great results from 10.5 wide.

That being said cordovan is generally much roomier than calf. I don't have these shoes and it might depend on the last, but my pembrokes fit me like a dream at the size I got them in. I'd imagine the cordovan will be generous, but don't quote me on that.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Could someone advice me please on the fitting for the 360 Last.
I take a UK10 in Cheaney and a UK9.5 in Loakes.
any help appreciated

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.