• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really happy with this resole after 5 years of ownership! Thanks the New York Team and craftsman at C&J! Too bad I didn’t take a photo before the work. Changed from double leather sole to ridgeway sole. Very comfortable right out of the box and ready for this winter!!
Very nice! I have an old pair of Marlows I'm planning on sending back, would be nice if they could last them a bit smaller

Edmund K

Reaction score
Very nice! I have an old pair of Marlows I'm planning on sending back, would be nice if they could last them a bit smaller
Definitely bring it back to C&J and they have many different sole offering. Try to see if they could last them smaller.

BaronLSN

Reaction score
Those are the jam, never seen 'em in suede before. Where (and when) are they from?
I found them for sale second-hand from a UK seller. They came with what seems to be the original box calling them 'Safari Suede', but I thought that was a different colour. Couldn't find anything about them with a Google. Perhaps MTO?

zargoz

Reaction score
I found them for sale second-hand from a UK seller. They came with what seems to be the original box calling them 'Safari Suede', but I thought that was a different colour. Couldn't find anything about them with a Google. Perhaps MTO?
I spent some time on the google and came up blank as well, MTO is probably right. Nice pickup.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What laces are you using? The length looks perfect... The round braided ones that came with mine are stupid long
They’re kind of supposed to be that long. When you’re done with the fourth and final speed hook, wrap them around your ankle and then tie them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.